The Countdown to BOTI 90!

Dan

Time Rangers!

We're coming to the end of an era. For 86 episodes of Bigger on the Inside and counting, Mike and I have watched and discussed every episode of the classic 1963-1989 run of Doctor Who. And in six weeks, we close the book on this part of the show's history.

Before episode 91 rolls around and we fix our gaze upon "Rose", however, we're gonna have one last classic era blowout.

Episode 90 will be devoted to a huge look back at the entirety of the classic series. And we want to hear from you. Who's your favorite Doctor? What's your least favorite story? How did you discover the series? Seriously, who wins in a fight, Ian motherfucking Chesterton or God Himself? What spectacular deaths have you devised for Adric? Want to share your K-9 and Company fan fiction?

Alternatively, do you think Mike vastly overrated he Keys of Marinus? Or I seriously missed the point and failed to appreciate the subtle joys of The Horns of Nimon? We will each re-watch and re-evaluate one story, chosen by you!

E-mails and mp3s can be sent to feedback@biggerontheinside.com. Hope to hear from you!

We need to discuss The Most Fucking Badass Moment, and I nominate:

Ian throws that fucker off a pyramid.

Barbara runs over a Dalek in a fucking firetruck.

Barbara smashes the fuck out a brain in a jar.

Section Leader Elizabeth Shaw shoots Brigade Leader Lethbridge-Stewart in the fucking back.

Leela kills an assassin with a fucking Janis thorn -- from 25 feet away.

The very idea of a fucking Time Lord / Vampire war.

Stein hits the self-destruct button after being fucking exterminated by a Dalek.

The Doctor fucking awesomes his way out of handcuffs.

Ace obliterates a platoon of fucking Cybermen with a slingshot and gold coins.

The Brigadier shoots The Fucking Devil~! to death!

We need to discuss The Most Fucking Badass Moment, and I nominate:

Ian throws that fucker off a pyramid.

Barbara runs over a Dalek in a fucking firetruck.

Barbara smashes the fuck out a brain in a jar.

Section Leader Elizabeth Shaw shoots Brigade Leader Lethbridge-Stewart in the fucking back.

Leela kills an assassin with a fucking Janis thorn -- from 25 feet away.

The very idea of a fucking Time Lord / Vampire war.

Stein hits the self-destruct button after being fucking exterminated by a Dalek.

The Doctor fucking awesomes his way out of handcuffs.

Ace obliterates a platoon of fucking Cybermen with a slingshot and gold coins.

The Brigadier shoots The Fucking Devil~! to death!

Ace beats the fuck out of a Dalek with a baseball bat because it called her small.

Oh, I only mentioned it because you guys had a shitty reconstruction to work with. And it's the best story ever, but you didn't hear it from me.

And call it weird, but I think Nyssa's one of the more badass companions. You can call these stretches, but...

Nyssa stuns a fucker and breaks the Doctor out of jail. (The Keeper of Traken)

Nyssa kills a fucking android with phat dance beats. (The Visitation)

Nyssa gets a kill assist on the fucking Cyber-leader. (Earthshock)

Nyssa holds the fucking Time Lord President at gunpoint. (Arc of Infinity)

Nyssa attempting to break the Doctor out of jail, wearing fucking high heels. (Snakedance)

Nyssa knocks down a dude wearing a suit of armor using only her hand. While becoming increasingly sick and weak. (Terminus)

And outside of Nyssa...

Vicki incites a revolution. (The Space Museum)

Katarina pushing a fucking button and indirectly saving the fucking universe. (The Daleks' Master Plan)

Steven punching the fucking Toymaker without compunction. (The Celestial Toymaker)

I can think of more, but I'm a bit busy.

I nominate the obvious and not very well thought out, as it's 3:00 a.m. currently. :P

Best moment from each Doctor/Doctor's era

Best quote from each Doctor

Favorite Companion for each Doctor

Cheesiest moment from the Classic series, TOP 5

Most violent moment from the Hinchcliffe/Holmes or JNT/Sayward era

Best/Worst premiere episode for a Doctor

Favorite era/least Favorite era

"She had it coming" Awards for the most attractive companion. (Copyright Adham Fisher 2008-2010)

In one of the podcasts Dan definitely said he wanted to go back and watch it. I think he might have wanted to see if it was as good as he remembered or really as bad as you have consistently maintained.

Maybe you could both do a live, two man, audio commentary of the episode!!

• 3 weeks later...

As I write this, I have no idea what people have written in suggesting for the re-watch.

My own vote for what Mike should re-watch: Keys of Marinus. I'm dying to know if, after all we've seen, he still rates it as highly.

The Dan impression yhat had me laughing more than any other? "Lord NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMON"

Yes, me too. On a crowded rush hour train no less. It still makes me laugh everytime I even think about it. And makes me want to actually watch 'The Horns of NImon'. Fortunately that passes quickly.