Episode 242

RSS

Not only was your host unfazed by electricity's attempt to kill him and stop the show, the show happens to be a first! The whole episode is dedicated to one interview. Desmond was so fascinated by Dathan Auerbach's Kickstarter campaign for his upcoming novel Penpal, the two talked for an hour! The true social media story behind the novel is sure to be insightful for those interested in the future of publishing. Then, at the very end of the show, Tom Deja emerges with another first: a Macabre Musical Theatre / review based on the brand new film Cabin in the Woods. All this and tunes to boot! "Kickstart my Heart" by Between the Buried and Me, "Childhood's End" by Iron Maiden, and "Stalker Song" by Danzig. Check out Dathan's Kickstarter page here: http://www.kickstart...53987072/penpal. [ 1:25:49 || 41.4 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia/episodes/dreadmedia_242.mp3

Meh...

Other than every muscle in my body being sore from being electrically worked out, a slight pain where my diaphram is, and a creeping ache in my left hand I'm fine. I'm pretty sure that if you survive an electrocution without a burn, a doctor can't do anything for me.

;)

As for the interview, there's been a few instances where Kickstarter projects have gained prominence, and it sounds like Dathan is in that elite group of people SO good/popular that such a feat can happen. Certainly when compared to me and my online role-playing - I doubt that there's a future for a book called "The Pugilistic Japery of Christopher Skelley".