30 Day Comic Challenge- 2012 Edition

You Know Who

20th- A Comic You Want to See Adapted for Live-Action Television

animalman1.gif

I was tempted to say Jonax Hex, but there are only so many Jonah Hex stories that you can tell, even if you threw in immortals like Ra's al Ghul, Vandal Savage, and Etrigan every once in a while. An Animal Man series based on the DCnU version, though, could go on for longer, especially if you had someone like Guillermo del Toro helming it.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16th- The Comic You Can Quote Best

Nextwave-Aaron03.jpg

Nextwave. Heh, Fleshy ones.

17th- A Famous Comic That You’ve Never Read

From_hell_tpb.jpg

I've read the first few chapters three or four times, but always stall for one reason or another. And now it's sat on my shelf, judging me.

18th- A Comic That No One Expected You To Like

I don't know what expectations people have of my comics tastes. I guess the most out of the typical in my collection is Strangers in Paradise

250px-Strangers_in_Paradise_v3_no1_cover_b.jpg

19th- A Comic You Want to See Adapted as an Animated Series

2512212139_426fff3711.jpg

Power Pack 4 life yo.

Alias is the obvious one but if we're talking series that haven't had much talk around them regarding this-

silverageyorick.jpg

I know there's talk of a Y The Last Man movie, but I think it's a better TV show.

653741-guardians_of_the_galaxy_07_super.jpg

Drax, Groot, Star-Lord and Rocket Racoon, man.

200px-Starman_modernage.jpg

Jack Knight Starman

21st- A Comic You Want to See Made into a Theatrical Film

CNV-cover-issue2.jpg

CNV.

22nd- A Comic By Your Favorite Writer

21161253_500x500_1.jpg?w=500&h=500

EDIT: Should follow up on this. While Wagner hasn't done anything as structurally impressive as Watchmen, he is undoubtedly one of the most underrated writers in comics. For the thirty five years that Judge Dredd has been running he's written the vast majority of the strips and the tone of the strips could range from light comedy to the dark drama of America. In addition to Dredd, he's also responsible for one of 2000AD's other mainstays Strontium Dog. During the 80s he partnered with Alan Grant and the amount of material they produced is staggering. They were writing so many of IPC's comics (including up to 60% of 2000AD) that the editors forced them to write under pseudonyms. Outside of this he was also responsible for "A History of Violence", "Button Man" and Song of the Surfer.

22nd- A Comic By Your Favourite Writer

irredeemable_001a.jpg

All time, I don't know if I'd call Mark Waid my favorite, he gets competition from guys like Grant Morrison, Denny O'Neill, and anyone who wrote Superman from 1955-1969. But, right now, there is nobody better than Mark Waid.

22nd- A Comic By Your Favorite Writer

Actioncomics583.jpg

I've only really been invested in comics for a few years and so far Alan Moore is, hands down, my favorite writer and the one I would claim is the best were you to ask me. Runner-ups include Warren Ellis, Geoff Johns, Brian Michael Bendis, and Scott Snyder.

13th- A Comic From Your Favorite Comics Company, Period

Batman_700.jpg

I still love DC, it's got my favourite characters, even if Marvel is easily making the better movies, overall.

14th- Favorite title to come out of the DC reboot

batman.jpg

Technically a cheat. But it's the only DCnU book I have bought in hardcover, due to the great reviews.

15th- Least favorite title to come out of the DC reboot

det1.jpg

I like Tony Daniel as an artist. I don't go out of my way to look for his art, but it's nice at least. His writing, is terrible, and ruins any goodwill I give his art.

16th- The Comic You Can Quote Best

I'm really awful with remembering exact quotes from books, so I'm doing a cop out, and a comic I've read recently:

1301602933-8281-0.jpg

17th- A Famous Comic That You’ve Never Read

moore11.jpg

18th- A Comic That No One Expected You To Like

250px-All_Star_Superman_Cover.jpg

I find Superman incredibly bland, usually.

250px-Tiny_Titans_1.jpg

Awwee yeah, Titans!

250px-Transmetropolitan_2.jpg

It would be really a great show to see.

I'll have to think about the others, and fill in later the days that I've missed.

24th- A Comic By Your Favorite Artist

This changes all the time but my current favourite artist is Henry Flint

2608846.jpg.size-580_maxheight-580_square-true.jpg

I love this series for its sheer batshit insanity. The last human being alive gets killed off in the first six pages as an afterthought! Lovely stuff and Flint just goes to town drawing all of the weird stuff Robbie Morrisson throws at him.

I mean, seriously, look at some of this

shakara.jpg

shakara.jpg

I did Darwyn Cooke last year, and honestly, he's still way, way up there, but I'm going to toss some love somewhere else this year.

250px-Adventure296.png

Curt Swan *is* Superman, as far as I'm concerned. Dude draws clean, and rarely a line out of place.

Honorable Mention to Riley Rossomo and Chris Samnee.

Copy and paste everything Preston said, but replace Kurt Swan with Gary Frank (though what Preston said of Swan is true).

Secret_Origin_HC.jpg

My honorable mentions include John Cassaday, Greg Capullo, Darick Robertson, and Dave Gibbons among others.