Episode 90

RSS

The classic era of Doctor Who has come to a close, but before Dan and Mike move forward to the modern era, they take one last (and long) look at everything that's come before. Mixed in with a slew of listener e-mails are discussions of the stories they revisited, as well as plenty of lists chronicling their favorite Doctors, companions, cheesy moments, themes, quotes, and so much more! And some of the entires on these lists are guaranteed to surprise you! [ 6:04:15 || 175.2 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/biggerontheinside/episodes/bigger_090.mp3

I gotta say, it took me a while to get used to Dan's voice. I mean, it sounded different when it wasn't coming through Skype to the recording. I kept on having to remind myself if was Dan and not some random person.

Anyway, congrats on everything. I'm looking forward to the new series.

First off, on the image for the iTunes album for this episode, two things:

1. The Tom Baker image is semi-terrifying, like those eyes are burrowing into my soul. Also, this image epitomizes that feeling when you're utterly exasperated about having to pretend to pay attention and be riveted by some inane thing someone's saying to you.

2. I came to a startling realization when I saw the McCoy image with Ace...Ace looks a lot like my mom at that age.

I gotta say, it took me a while to get used to Dan's voice. I mean, it sounded different when it wasn't coming through Skype to the recording. I kept on having to remind myself if was Dan and not some random person.

Yeah I thought he sounded like Mike for the first several minutes. After that, he sounded like Dan. 0_0

Excellent episode gents. My only regret is that there were no "LORD NIMOOON!" or Cyberleader impressions!

Yeah I thought he sounded like Mike for the first several minutes. After that, he sounded like Dan. 0_0

To be totally honest, when I first listened to the opening my first reaction was "Did Mike have to re-record the intro?" And I discovered that Mike in person does not sound a whole lot like Mike being recorded. However, I settled in pretty quickly.

Thank you, everyone. This was a blast to record and I'm glad people seem to be enjoying it.

Great job, guys - that was a truly epic episode. Was that all in one sitting, or did you actually manage to pause for food/bathroom breaks/sleep/etc.?

Good stuff. I used to defend Paradise Towers, but I no longer have the energy. Every time I rewatch that thing I find something else to hate. Pity, that was my favorite story for a long time. (First DW story I ever saw all the way through, first exposure to near futuristic dystopias and whatnot...)

If I recall, we only took one bathroom break midway through, but that lasted all of five minutes. Essentially, it was recorded in one sitting.

Yeah. About halfway through we stopped so I could have a glass or water or something. That was pretty much it. And it flew; I was shocked to discover the sun had gone down and we had been recording for six hours.

I was surprised how low Peter Davidson ranked on both lists of best and personal favorites, especially compared to Sylvester McCoy. I remember when you guys covered his era, you were much more vocal about the positive moments from his Doctor than you were about McCoy's. I'm not sure I can recall anytime you enjoyed anything McCoy's Doctor did on his own besides one or two moments like the Sniper scene. You seemed to be much more vocal about what didn't work with him, making it seem as though his failings were more apparent.

Not that I'm holding you guys accountable to everything you say, opinions can change. But it really did come as a surprise.

Awesome episode! And in other awesome (for me anyway) news, I've finally figured out how to get the Internet Fairy to allow me access to all of Classic Who... in anywhere from 4 weeks to 3 years.... Sadly, this comes too late to be able to send in thoughts or feedback regarding any of them I do look forward to watching the great (and not so great) moments mentioned on the podcast.

great episode fitting for the end of the classic era :D

i have a strange desire to watch the sensorites again :o though tbh i don't dislike it in the first place, reminds me a bit about that dude who found an infected water pump in London (at least that's what i think about each time)

lego recons would be awesome :D

I shall give Adric a salute for his BOTI entertainment o7

hope all is good with Mike and he not fall over anymore.

now i must away for my ears yearn for ep91 :)

i have a strange desire to watch the sensorites again :o though tbh i don't dislike it in the first place, reminds me a bit about that dude who found an infected water pump in London (at least that's what i think about each time)

The Broad Street pump, as investigated by John Snow: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1854_Broad_Street_cholera_outbreak

Top medical bloke!

• 2 weeks later...