Episode 248

RSS

In this combative episode of Dread Media, Desmond and Darryll take on the A-Team versus Manson Family backyard epic Thou Shalt Not Kill... Except. Then Devil Dinosaur, Jr. brings us a Stay Scary based on the senior citizens versus children film Brotherhood of Satan. Then it's monsters versus mental illness as Desmond goes solo on reviews of two Marvel trade paperbacks: Legion of Monsters and Stephen King's N. Kickass tunes this week: "Thou Shalt Not" by KISS, "First Rule Is" by GWAR, "Children of the Damned" by Iron Maiden, and "1-800-SUICIDE" by Gravediggaz. [ 1:12:47 || 35.2 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia/episodes/dreadmedia_248.mp3

I know! Note my surprise.

Judging by our reviews, I expected to have the higher grade.

In other news: I really enjoyed reviewing comics again. It was done entirely without notes and completely off the cuff. And I barely even edited that portion too.

Hey! I didn't talk myself into anything. Well, okay. I kinda' did.

But quality and fun don't always have to go together. They can be enjoyed separately. This one was definitely a Fun > Quality situation. My rating reflected this. I also wanted to give points for the obvious passion exhibited by the filmmakers. They were drunk on film and it showed in nearly every frame. Fun > Craft. It's a nebulous zone but they inhabited it with gusto.

Archived