The Master

Weeklong events on Earth-2.net: The Show

Oooo I stand corrected. Shall we put together a Shakespeare week sometime this year? I’m thinking maybe one play per episode and maybe one devoted to the Bard himself.

Throwing out a suggestion: No direct adaptations unless they're really working at doing something new. I speak from the experience of covering Much Ado About Nothing for BDH a few years ago. It is hard to talk about the writing and even harder to not compare it to other productions of the same play.

11 minutes ago, dc20willsave said:

Throwing out a suggestion: No direct adaptations unless they're really working at doing something new. I speak from the experience of covering Much Ado About Nothing for BDH a few years ago. It is hard to talk about the writing and even harder to not compare it to other productions of the same play.

Sounds good to me. Let's do this.

Who wants to do what? I'm most interested in covering West Side Story, either Throne of Blood or Ran (or both), and Hamlet (the 2000 Ethan Hawke version). I may be up for more but don't want to do the lion's share of the reviews a la Monty Python week.

While there isn't a Birthday, Shakespeare's day of Death is April 23rd which is a Monday. Would that be enough time for everyone to prep segments or just go for some other date?

Can't speak for everyone but probably too soon. I don't think it needs to be around a particular date but your miles may vary.

I want to cover at least one of Welles' adaptations, and the Moonlighting episode "Atomic Shakespeare." 

I'm obviously down for this. I'm thinking I'll do a segment on Shakespeare's lesser known works; and since I am a word guy, maybe another segment on his influence on the English language. 

1) I'm in for something re: Shakespeare week.

2) I'm also starting to plot Nintendo week for July as the subject matter was a runner-up for Episode 1000.

Since mid-July is earmarked for Nintendo Week, let's do Shakespeare Week in September or early November. Does that sound doable?

Sounds feasible. I'll send a personal message out where we can hash out the details of Shakespeare Week so this one can be used for Nintendo Week.

What about a Death of Superman Week in 2019?

Day 1: Death of Superman
Day 2: Funeral for a Friend
Day 3: Reign of the Supermen
Day 4: The Death of Superman (2018 animated)
Day 5: Reign of the Supermen (2019 animated)
Day 6: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Day 7: Justice League

I imagine Man of Steel would be covered at some point beforehand, just so it wasn't left out of the Superman DCEU reviews.

And with 2019 being the 80th anniversary of Batman, we could do a Knightfall Week.

Day 1: Prelude
Day 2: Knightfall, part 1
Day 3: Knightfall, part 2
Day 4: Knightquest: The Crusade, part 1
Day 5: Knightquest: The Crusade, part 2
Day 6: Knightquest: The Search
Day 7: KnightsEnd (includes Aftermath issues)

Short notice but you could try to squeeze in Man of Steel as either the Mike's Birthday episode or at the end of the Advent Calendar this year.

I'd be happy to help out where ever you need someone to step in.

On 11/1/2018 at 3:06 PM, The Master said:

And with 2019 being the 80th anniversary of Batman, we could do a Knightfall Week.

Day 1: Prelude
Day 2: Knightfall, part 1
Day 3: Knightfall, part 2
Day 4: Knightquest: The Crusade, part 1
Day 5: Knightquest: The Crusade, part 2
Day 6: Knightquest: The Search
Day 7: KnightsEnd (includes Aftermath issues)

Though an exact date has yet to be announced, DC Comics has revealed that Detective Comics #1000 will be released in March 2019. Let's try to coincide this week with the release of that book. Think that's doable?