Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra Comics

Gareth

I thought I'd make a thread for this because it seems like these comics will be ongoing.

So far Dark Horse has released (or will release):

Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Lost Adventures

Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise Parts 1-3

Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Search Parts 1-3

I enjoyed The Lost Adventures, I thought the art was good and the characters where written well. It was nothing spectacular but it was nice to see the characters misadventures in-between episodes. I also liked the comics chronicling the time between season 2 and 3.

The Promise however, I didn't enjoy near as much. The art is fine and I enjoyed part 1 okay but reading part 2 I realized what a poor writer Gene Yang is. The dialogue is atrocious and the characters just aren't written that well. I'm still going to read part 3 but I'm very disappointed that the writing isn't even close to being on par with the series.

The Search, I was excited to hear that the story of Zuko's mom will finally be addressed but disappointed to see that Gene Yang was still attached. Oh well, hopefully this will be a more enjoyable read than The Promise.