Earth-2.net X-men Draft

Stavros

Had an idea that might be fun, depending on how many are willing to join in. OK, we get lists of the best or worst comics characters all the time on the net, but this is a little different. Imagine this site is Marvel, and we're doing one of those big writer changeovers where all the teams get shuffled. Everyone who wants to sign up to this gets to be called a writer of a X-book, be it Uncanny, Astonishing, Force, Factor or whatever. We go around and in turn each pick one X-man to be on our team, draft-style.

Bear in mind that a balanced team is a good idea, it's good to get strong guys, fighters, psychics, whatever. Or you can just go full on X-force and have as many sharp things as possible, up to you!

I figured the X-men would be a great place to start as the most widely recognisable hero team out there. Well, there's the avengers, but try asking Joe Public who Quicksilver is and see where that gets you.

Couple of rules-

1. If a character is picked then they're out of selection. If you want Kitty Pryde and she's already been picked tough luck.

2. We pick in the order that has been established from the start, with the people most recently joining Earth-2.net going first.

3. We go around one to start with people picking the name of their book, and then 7 more times for people to pick their team members, and then one further time to pick the villain for their first story.

4. If the next person due to pick doesn't pick within 24hrs the next in line can go, but the person who missed their go can still make their pick any time after that.

5. The character must be someone who has been a team member in an X-book at some point, a mutant of some kind or an otherwise significant X-men character. Remember, reformed villains are the bread and butter of the X-men franchise, so go nuts.

6. Try to keep it 616. So for example, Blink of the Age of Apocalypse is ok because she's now 616-resident, but no Ultimate universe versions please, keep it within the spirit of the books.

Suggested list of X-men provided by Will-

Angel

Anole *

Ariel *

Armor

Aurora *

Banshee +

Beast

Bedlam *+

Bishop +

Blindfold *

Blink *

Boom-Boom *

Box *

Cable *+

Caliban *+

Cannonball

Captain Britain *

Cerise *

Chamber

Changeling +

Cipher *

Cloak and Dagger +

Colossus

Cyclops

Cypher *

Danger

Darwin

Dazzler

Deadpool

Doctor Nemesis *

Domino *

Doop *

Dust *

Elixir *

Fantomex and E.V.A.

Forge

Frenzy

Emma Frost

Gambit

Gentle *

Graymalkin *

Jean Grey +

Havok

Hellion *

Hepzibah

Husk

Iceman

Ink *-

Joseph +

Jubilee -ish

Juggernaut

Lady Mastermind

Legion *

Lifeguard

Loa

Lockheed

Longshot

M

Maggott +

Magik

Magma

Magneto

Marrow -

Meggan *

Mercury *

Micromax *

Layla Miller *

Mimic

Moonstar -

Multiple Man

Mystique

Namor

Nightcrawler +ish

Nocturne *

Northstar

Omega Sentinel

Oya *

Petra +

Pixie

Polaris

Primal *

Prodigy *

Professor X

Psylocke

Quicksilver *

Revanche

Cecilia Reyes

Rictor*

Rockslide

Rogue

Sabretooth +

Sage +ish

Shadowcat

Shard *+

Shatterstar *

Siryn *

Skids *

Slipstream *-

Stacy X -

Stepford Cuckoos *

Strong Guy *

Storm

Hope Summers

Rachel Summers

Sunfire

Sunspot *

Surge

Sway +

Thunderbird (John Proudstar) +

Thunderbird (Neal Shaara)

Trance

Transonic *

Vanisher +

Velocidad *

Warlock *

Warpath *

Wild Child *

Pete Wisdom *

Wolf Cub

Wolfsbane *

Wolverine

X-23 *

X-Man

Shen Xorn

Zero *+

Draft Order-

Kenny Evil

You Know Who

dc20willsave

Venneh

Suavestar

Dread

Dan

Stavros

Professor

Preston

This Google docs spreadsheet should be accessable to all and will be updated with the picks as they come in.

https://docs.google....X0xfWExEelo2SlE

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: Is this just for people who have written reviews and articles for Earth-2.net? If so, then I can't join as a fantasy X-writer. If not, count me in!

Anyone can join, the title of writer is just honorary. We're literally just picking our own teams, although if you want to give us a brief idea of what story/villains you'd use once your team is picked that'd be interesting. Might even add a single slot at the end for people to pick the villain for their first story, either an individual or a team for example. In fact I've just amended the rules to add that last pick.

The more people who sign up, the slimmer the pickings toward the end! Should be fun.

If you don't get Wolverine you've always got X-23 and Daken as backups. Or maybe Wolverine should be the only character available to everyone as a repeat pick! You know, just to make it realistic...

I want Adjectiveless X-men just to irritate Will.

For the record, this is a list of everyone that has been a member of an Earth-616 X-Team along with a link to their wiki page (in spoilers since it's a long list). I didn't include random students/characters that were X-Men for five minutes. A * means they were never a member of a main X-Men team, - means they are currently have no powers, and + means they're dead.

Feel free to throw in a picture of the version of the character you'd use too, so for instance if you want Cyclops in his classic uniform, or have a preference between British and Asian Psylocke.

I'll set the start of this for tomorrow night? I figure everyone who wants to sign up will have by then.

Not going to use them this time but I have ideas for more complicated stuff like trading up, so you could trade your 5th and 6th to a person willing to part with a 3rd round pick for example. You'd get a smaller team but you'd get a better shot at who you wanted. Or you could trade up in the Title round, sacrificing a pick for a better chance at getting Astonishing or Uncanny. However I figure first time out we'll keep it simple and just go round as normal. We can always complicate it when it comes to the Justice League version!

At present, with ten participants looks like 70 X-men will be selected. Hope you guys know your more obscure characters, because we'll be using them by the end.

For the record, this is a list of everyone that has been a member of an Earth-616 X-Team along with a link to their wiki page (in spoilers since it's a long list). I didn't include random students/characters that were X-Men for five minutes. A * means they were never a member of a main X-Men team, - means they are currently have no powers, and + means they're dead.

Stavros, could you edit Will's list into the first post? Just so's it's readable from there.