Episode 94

RSS

The Doctor and Rose uncover a conspiracy aboard a news-gathering space station, while Adam does stuff before being dumped back home ("The Long Game"). Then Rose saves her father's life, and, in the process, nearly destroys all of creation ("Father's Day"). Also, Dan and Mike have plenty to say about the tenure of Russell T. Davies thus far. [ 1:28:23 || 42.7 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/biggerontheinside/episodes/bigger_094.mp3

I was gonna say that too after looking at photos of him on wiki. It'll be the first time I've ever seen someone who had a face that looked anything like the ones he draws.

I meant to ask this in my email, but who's a worse character (never mind companion), Adric or Adam? By extension, what do you two think is worse: A character who on paper likes promising but in execution is terrible (like Adric) or one who has little going for them both on paper and on screen (like Adam)?

whatever you might think of Boomtown In the next episode. We nearly got this:

"Untitled storyline (Abbott)"

Written by Paul Abbott, this episode was intended for episode 11 of Series 1.[168] With Jack Harkness having joined the Ninth Doctor and Rose Tyler, Rose feels left out.[citation needed] But when they land in Pompeii in 79 AD,[citation needed] Jack discovers that Rose's life has been manipulated by the Doctor in an experiment to create the perfect companion.[168] Abbot's commitment to Shameless and other projects led to him dropping out of the episode.[168] Russell T Davies took over and wrote "Boom Town" in its place.[168]

Thank you for your kind words regarding Shake and Blake and myself...of course how Mr Wilson feels about it may be a different matter ;)

General rule of thumb: If you dish it out, you have to be prepared to take some return fire!

For my part, I generally liked The Long Game last time I watched it (albeit, that's about 3 years ago) whilst I found Father's Day hard to watch - not due to it being bad or anything, but heart-wrenching stuff isn't always the most palatable entertainment. But it was very well done, which is helped by the fact that Paul Cornell wrote it.

whatever you might think of Boomtown In the next episode. We nearly got this:

"Untitled storyline (Abbott)"

Written by Paul Abbott, this episode was intended for episode 11 of Series 1.[168] With Jack Harkness having joined the Ninth Doctor and Rose Tyler, Rose feels left out.[citation needed] But when they land in Pompeii in 79 AD,[citation needed] Jack discovers that Rose's life has been manipulated by the Doctor in an experiment to create the perfect companion.[168] Abbot's commitment to Shameless and other projects led to him dropping out of the episode.[168] Russell T Davies took over and wrote "Boom Town" in its place.[168]

WOW! And people who thought what has been shown, and the marketing machine of the show was bad enough, THAT would have really pushed them over the edge!

• 2 weeks later...

Great show as always, gents. RE: your comments about RTD & Co. wasting an opportunity to have Simon Pegg on the show by casting him as The Editor: word around the Internets is he was originally cast as Pete Tyler, but a change in schedule meant he couldn't film "Father's Day", so they stuck him in "The Long Game" instead.

I thought Shaun Dingwall was excellent, but really would have prefered Pete to be a one-and-done character, without all the alternate universe crap that came later. I'm guessing Simon Pegg's Pete would not have been a recurring character. Also would have really liked to see Simon and Billie have those emotional Pete and Rose scenes together, especially since