Ant Man

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear those are half-price at Darkseid's Bar.

I was trying so hard to make an anti-life joke there but it was 1AM and I was exhausted and gave up. Thank you.

I kinda feel like that trailer basically tells us nothing about the actual tone and/or style of the movie, since the tone is pretty much all given through the editing. However, at the very least it does look different from every other Marvel movie, so there's that. (it's got some Iron Man in there, but only a bit)

Michael Douglas is playing Hank Pym.

So, does that mean that Paul Rudd is playing Scott Lang or Eric O'grady?

A few days ago, Wright tweeted a still of an episode of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes in which Scott Lang stole Pym's Ant-Man costume and equipment, calling it "research".

:buttrock:

Also: :buttrock:

And: :buttrock:

So you're on board, then.

I forgot to mention: :buttrock:

This might get the Thor: The Dark World and Incredible Hulk treatment. Meaning, I'll see it when I see it. Probably on video.

Never was there a tale of more woe....

I'm hoping that the trailer is just not a good example of what we're in for. There was very little humor in that trailer, and with the pedigree of who's involved and, quite frankly, the nature of the character, humor is the only way this could work.

It comes off like a trailer that's trying to make the movie seem more dramatic than it is. Especially with those two lines from Rudd that are clearly meant to be comedic but don't hit because of how they contrast with the trailer's music and editing.

Right. It doesn't give the impression that it's super serious, but there will be blood action.

As long as it distinguishes itself. After the Iron Man franchise and Guardians of the Galaxy, I'm personally not wanting another wisecrack-infested Marvel property.

• 3 months later...