Shameless Pledge Drive 2012

Missy

By now you might have heard the minisode in which I announced Earth-2.net: The Show's Shameless Pledge Drive. (If not, click the link and give it a listen.) In case you don't feel like clicking the link, here are the donating tiers:

Up to $25: A Thank you on Earth-2.net: The Show.

$26 - $49: You get to name a movie or comic book (including collected editions and graphic novels) for me to do a written review of on Earth-2.net.

$50 - $99: You get to name a movie or comic book (including collected editions and graphic novels) for me to review on Earth-2.net: The Show.

$100 - $249: You get to join me on an episode of Earth-2.net: The Show to review any movie or comic of your choosing.

$250 and up: You get to name a weeklong event for coverage on The Show, and you'll get to take part.

Starting right now, on top of those tiers listed above, I'm also adding weekly goals and incentives.

30 September - 13 October: If donations for the week total at least $10, I will review Batman: The Long Halloween on Earth-2.net: The Show by Halloween.

Upcoming goals and incentives.

TBD

Past goals and incentives.

19 - 25 August: If donations for the week total at least $50 I'll review Identity Crisis on Earth-2.net: The Show! Success!

26 August - 01 September: If donations for the week total exactly $25, I'll write a review of The Crow: Wicked Prayer for the site. If they surpass $25, even by one cent, I'll review it on The Show. Success!

02 - 08 September: If donations for the week total at least $100, Shana and I will remake Saved by the Bell on For Better or Worse. Success!

09 - 15 September: If donations for the week total at least $25, I'll write reviews of Fables: Legends in Exile and Fables: Animal Farm for the site.

16 - 22 September: If donations for the week total at least $25, I'll write a review of Spawn for the site.

23 - 29 September: If donations for the week total at least $50, James and I will review Avengers vs. X-Men #7-12 on Earth-2.net: The Show.

As they say: "But wait! There's more!"

By the end of 2012, if donations total at least $500, I'll finish reviewing Countdown in early 2013.

If you can donate (or you just want to hear me in pain as I cover the back half of Countdown), please help the site reach its weekly and year-end goals by clicking the donate button at the top of the forums!

Cheers,

Michael David Sims

Edited by The Master

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure to check this thread every Sunday when new weekly goals and incentives are revealed.

Also, just to clarify something: Let's say you donates $50, thus matching this week's goal, I'll review Identity Crisis on top of whatever you choose as part of that donation tier.

Thanks to a very generous donor, this week's goal of $50 has been met and exceeded! I still have to get in contact with him to see what comic book or movie he'd like to help me review on The Show, but it also means that I will be reviewing Identity Crisis in the near future!

I was actually planning to donate 50 this evening since I actually like Identity Crisis. It works out pretty well for me since I can just save that money for then.

Also, as a side note, I can't speak for Hannah here but in the case that someone does go for the theme week option, then if they want a particular Hey Girlfriend for that week, I will be happy to oblige providing its nothing like Tarot because I refuse to recognize a fictional characters orfices as being haunted.

Since we feel bad for Mike being the only one to experience levels of pain for donations, if you donate 50 dollars or more, you can select for me and Hannah to review any gay or girly topic for Hey Gurlfriend if you'd like instead of choosing a topic for Mike.

Yes, that includes Twilight or 50 Shades but both will result in levels of physical maiming for you also.