Earth-2's Top 100 Games of All Time!

Missy

In response to IGN's poorly compiled list of the Top 99 Games of All Time (as decided upon by the readers), I've decided to run a similar feature.

How it will work:

Anyone who's interested in participating will be asked to list their personal top 25 to 50 games. (And make sure your lists are ordered, with the game at the top being your favorite/number one pick.) I will then collect said data, crunch the numbers and compile the list. With that complete, the writing duties will be splintered so that everyone who submitted a list will be responsible for writing one or two solid paragraphs explaining some of their choices. (Meaning, if ten people submit lists, each person will be responsible for writing their thoughts on ten games. So obviously, the more people that participate, the less work we all have to do.)

Because I want this to be a secret ballot-type system, do not post your lists here. Instead, send them to me via PM.

If any questions remain, feel free to ask them in this thread.

Now go and make those lists, people!

This covers all forms of video games, including (but not limited to) arcade, Atari, Intellivision, Colecovision, NES, GameBoy, SNES, Sega, Lynx, PC/Mac, N64, PlayStation, VirtualBoy, Dreamcast, all of the current systems and any I might have left off. Hell, if you think there's a Flash game worth nominating, go for it.

Remakes and sports games should be treated like sequels, with each game being seen individually rather than as part of a franchise.

Edited by Master Yoda

• 2 weeks later...
Any idea when you fancy doing this, Yodaness? And will non-staff members still be able to contribute segments?

No idea when this will get done. I seriously want to take my time so I can compile a big list with a wide variety of games. And non-staff members are indeed going to be involved.

• 3 months later...
Including myself, I have lists from J. Marv, Logan, Luke, Pablo and Pat D. While that's a good number of contributors, I really can't take all of the data provided and make a definitive Top 100. Instead I might make this the Top 25.

???

I know I sent you a list. I mean, I KNOW I did. Did you delete it accidentally or something?