S.H.I.E.L.D.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although with Whedon you get the kicker of a bunch of people that look the same and all talk how grad students think they talk.

Not that it really matters. I'm not the intended audience for this anyway.

If you watch The Avengers and pay close attention, Maria Hill sends medics to get Coulson, but Fury stops her and is like "WAIT NO, no need for medics! He's, uh... already dead. Yeah. Totally dead. I promise. Please do not check."

There's never a medic at Coulson's side declaring him dead; all we have is the word of Fury, master liar, who admittedly at least lied about the trading cards later on.

If that's J August Richards aka Charles Gunn as Luke Cage then that's pretty cool. That's a high calibre of guest character to kick off with. Means there's no Power Man movie coming but it does indicate how seriously they take this show.

It doesn't mean no Power Man movie. This is the perfect way to introduce characters for later movies.

If that's J August Richards aka Charles Gunn as Luke Cage then that's pretty cool. That's a high calibre of guest character to kick off with. Means there's no Power Man movie coming but it does indicate how seriously they take this show.

It doesn't mean no Power Man movie. This is the perfect way to introduce characters for later movies.

J August Richards is good and I like him, but he's not a movie star.

I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot of characters from the comics, especially if it's a monster of the week format. One or two might spinoff to a series, and one or two might make a movie. That doesn't mean it will be the same actor. Iron Man 2 showed Marvel doesn't mind switching out actors.

One thing I have noticed is that although this has Joss Whedon's name all over it he's not going to be the actual showrunner, his brother Jed, Jed's wife Maurissa and Jeffery Bell are. Jed and Maurissa worked on Dr Horrible, Dollhouse and co-wrote Avengers and Bell ran Angel's last two seasons. Joss is getting the ball rolling by writing and directing the pilot but the rest is largely going to be up to them.

There's been pretty consistent rumors that he's gonna show up in that role, and I really hope that it turns out to be true. The other rumor is that they're using the show as testing grounds for new movies, so I don't think that'll write out a Power Man movie.

I think we've got some pretty solid showrunners there. Dollhouse and Angel s4 aren't exactly my favorites, but the other stuff (Doctor Horrible, Angel S5) are amazing enough to make up for it.

I'd never read anything with Power Man II so I didn't know that, and you could well be right about that choice. However if I were a betting man I'd say that they're more likely to introduce Luke Cage as the inner-city every man powered hero over PMII just because there's more Marvel history behind him and he's a bigger deal. There hasn't been chatter around a Luke Cage movie really so there's no obstacle right now.

I guess what I'm hoping for is a Heroes for Hire movie set in the 1970s, with the Power Man of SHIELD being a young man Luke has passed the title to. This way we can have a strong black legacy role in two different mediums at the same time (RE: movies and TV), while expanding the Marvel Universe into a place between the World War II scenes of Captain America and the beginning of Iron Man.