S.H.I.E.L.D.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday's debut of the first full trailer for "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." immediately led to fan speculation that the mysterious hooded and super-powered character played by J. August Richards might be Marvel's Luke Cage. In a new interview with Executive Producer Jeffrey Bell, however, IGN has learned that the character in question is someone else altogether, although his identity remains a secret.

"It’s not the [character] people are talking about," Bell said when asked about the potential of Richards playing Cage. "...Honestly, we were looking for this part, and we just said, 'Look, all our parts are open to all diversity.' So the fact that we have a black dude who is awesome and it's J was just because he was the best actor. It wasn’t like, 'You know who…!'”

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/176949-marvels-agents-of-shield-shuts-down-luke-cage-speculation

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So... this was okay. As a pilot, it felt kinda piloty. Ming-Na had fuck all to do, but otherwise the cast got decently introduced, we have a couple of mysteries to take us through the season, and it's always awesome to see Coulson. Not spectacular but solid enough.

It's got Ron Glass in it, so that's a win. I wonder if they're going to spend the next 14 episodes until cancellation hinting that he's evil.

Ok, I've watched it now. It was ok. I'm hoping it's like Dollhouse and they have some good storylines in mind because just mentioning Extremis and Chitauri every 5 minutes isn't enough to keep me engaged, and they clearly don't have the budget to match the look of the movies. And that's not just in special effects, I thought the quality of lighting and shots at point was sub-par.

I'll give it time, and probably watch it all but it's not going to be must-see TV. If it lapses far enough I might drop it and just blow through it as a season next year.

I'm willing to bet it did pretty damn well on the numbers, though.

The 18-49 demo numbers, undoubtedly. However, this thing's up against NCIS, a show which no one watches and yet is somehow the most watched show in all of television. SHIELD is the dictionary definition of counter-programming, but if ABC thinks they have an NCIS-killer here they're mistaken.