S.H.I.E.L.D.

THR is reporting that actors Iain De Caestecker and Elizabeth Henstridge have been added to Joss Whedon's pilot for Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. Henstridge will play Agent Gemma Simmons and De Caestecker wil portray Agent Leo Fitz. The names and descriptions of these characters were released at the beginning of October, they're described as follows:

These two came through training together and still choose to spend most of their time in each other’s company. Their sibling-like relationship is reinforced by their shared nerd tendencies – she deals with biology and chemistry, he’s a whiz at the technical side of weaponry.

http://www.superhero...two-more-agents

Both are British. The invasion continues.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Sheild has a full series description and a name change on ABC's show planning website.

Joss Whedon (MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) shows

us not all heroes are super with MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.

Fresh from his role in the summer’s box office smash, MARVEL’S THE

AVENGERS, Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) returns to the worldwide law

enforcement organization S.H.I.E.L.D. He puts together a small, highly trained,

team of Agents to tackle the cases that haven’t been classified yet, the new, the

strange and the unknown. That team consists of straight arrow Agent Grant

Ward (Brett Dalton), an expert in combat and espionage; pilot and martial artist

Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen); and brilliant if socially awkward scientists

Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth

Henstridge). They’ll be joined by civilian new recruit and computer hacker Skye

(Chloe Bennet).

Prepare for an epic adventure that showcases the hope and wonder of the

human spirit. This is a world of Super Heroes, aliens and the unusual – of

action, spectacle and world spanning stories. The show will speak to the human

condition through the lens of our very human, non-powered S.H.I.E.L.D agents

– that together we are greater than we are apart, and that we can make a

difference in the world.

Executive Produced and co-written by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon & Maurissa

Tancharoen (Dollhouse, Dr.Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog), Jeffrey Bell (Angel, Alias

) and Jeph Loeb (Smallville, Lost, Heroes) comes Marvel’s first live-action TV

series, MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.

Which is what it should be. Guys, Joss is the king of building something larger from a week to week format, and in this case that week to week format involves a new marvel character popping up every week! Hey, there's a series of terrorist attacks going on going on, lets see SHIELD deal with AIM. Or say a load of people in government are acting suspiciously and it's built over a season until they face off against the Controller. This is a BIG toybox, like if Joss Whedon got to make Smallville except that it makes sense and it's not in a high school (Joss has said all he needs to about high school). Grey Gargoyle, Blastaar, Kang the Conquerer, he's building a world and the best part? He's not restricted by the movies because he's in charge of The Avengers too!

How can you not be psyched by this? It's Joss Whedon working on a show with a baseline appeal so strong and such huge marketing behind it that it probably won't get cancelled unless the ABC executive behind it used to work for Fox!

Exactly! There's already rumors that J. August is due to show up in the pilot, potentially as Luke motherfucking Cage.

And hell, assuming a decent stable of writing talent (which, between Marvel and Whedon, Im sure there will be), we could get some amazing stories out of this.

How can you not be psyched by this? It's Joss Whedon working on a show with a baseline appeal so strong and such huge marketing behind it that it probably won't get cancelled unless the ABC executive behind it used to work for Fox!

The only thing that really worries me about this project is the production cost. Just me taking a wild guess, but I can see this being an expensive show to make. As such, once the ratings dip in the slightest, it could be cancelled for budgetary reasons rather than unpopularity.

The only thing that really worries me about this project is the production cost. Just me taking a wild guess, but I can see this being an expensive show to make. As such, once the ratings dip in the slightest, it could be cancelled for budgetary reasons rather than unpopularity.

Agreed that budget will be a factor, but this is (ugh) synergy in the making. You could spend an entire season of SHIELD gearing up for Avengers II: The Avengering and the cost would be more than worth it for Disney if they can determine it positively affects movie ticket sales.

Not only that but look at ABC's lineup, they also have Once Upon a Time which is also a heavy CGI show that, while not a ratings powerhouse, it still brings in enough people that it has yet to be in danger of cancelation. From the description, I see this having more of an investigative feel. Thyey can do wonders with practical effects and with some good make-up work. Not only that but ABC has to be looking at how well both the other Avengers movies have sold on DVD as well as DVD sales on Whedon's other shows. They know that they can cash in really well on the aftermarket here.

Not only that but look at ABC's lineup, they also have Once Upon a Time which is also a heavy CGI show that, while not a ratings powerhouse, it still brings in enough people that it has yet to be in danger of cancelation. From the description, I see this having more of an investigative feel. Thyey can do wonders with practical effects and with some good make-up work. Not only that but ABC has to be looking at how well both the other Avengers movies have sold on DVD as well as DVD sales on Whedon's other shows. They know that they can cash in really well on the aftermarket here.

Once Upon a Time is also getting a spin-off show, so that. I agree with everything Will and Tom are saying.

• 1 month later...