Vet trying to fund comics series through Kickstarter

prez

Hey, everybody. I just wrote a story about a comic book writer who left the business to join the Army and became a special forces combat photographer. He served from Jan. 2009 until February of this year. When he got out, he teamed up with former Marvel and DC artist Josh Hood to start writing a fictionalized limited series about his experiences.

Here's the link to my story, which goes much more in depth, of course:

http://www.altoonami...er.html?nav=738

Here's a link to the Kickstarter project, which has a synopsis of the series and a lot of art from Hood:

http://www.kickstart...ession?ref=live

One cool thing about this project is that it drew Hood back into comics. After making a good living as a commercial illustrator (he had burned out on superheroes, apparently), this script hooked him right away. They're 3/4 of the way to their goal right now and the Kickstarter project ends at the end of the month.

I got an email from the comic's author this weekend and they got fully funded already. I know no one responded, but I hope some of you looked at the project because it's going to be a good one. They're hoping to publish independently with printing through Image or a similar company (much like Kirkman does with "Walking Dead" and stuff).

Look for it on shelves around November-December.