The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Koete

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, hearing Orci and Kurtzman talk in hindsight about Transformers, apparently the movies Bay made with them weren't at all the films they wrote or wanted to do at all. Star Trek, on the other hand, is 100% their story, with a glossy JJ Abrams sheen over it. Even the plot holes in Trek (the numerous coincidences, the wonky science, etc) were actually filled at various points in the actual script, but were cut because Abrams decided to sacrifice them in order to keep the movie's pace brisk. And, honestly, looking at what they did with the hundreds of oft-unnoticed subtleties in Trek, I'm pretty convinced they're geniuses. They can make a bad movie if paired with a bad director, but with Webb they should do fine.

• 1 month later...

When talking to the Huffington Post, Marc Webb isn't confirming or denying the Jamie Foxx as Electro rumors but, more importantly:

Last time we spoke you said the hardest casting decision you have is for J. Jonah Jameson because you loved J.K. Simmons so much. He said recently that he'd be interested in returning. Is that possible?

That's an interesting idea. My mom is from Montana ...

And you used to watch him on stage there.

Yeah, I used to see him on stage. I've never met him, but I think ... it's tricky, because it's a different universe. But, you never know.

I think I speak for all fans when I say, "Bring Back JK as JJJ!"

When talking to the Huffington Post, Marc Webb isn't confirming or denying the Jamie Foxx as Electro rumors but, more importantly:

Last time we spoke you said the hardest casting decision you have is for J. Jonah Jameson because you loved J.K. Simmons so much. He said recently that he'd be interested in returning. Is that possible?

That's an interesting idea. My mom is from Montana ...

And you used to watch him on stage there.

Yeah, I used to see him on stage. I've never met him, but I think ... it's tricky, because it's a different universe. But, you never know.

I think I speak for all fans when I say, "Bring Back JK as JJJ!"

I wouldn't be opposed to that, but given that TASM's fatal flaw was going out their way to distance themselves from the Raimi trilogy, it'd make no sense for them to do that. Unless they'd ask the actor to adopt a different tack to the role they previously did (see Judi Dench as M in the Brosnan era v Dench as M in the Craig era), but then that'd be robbing the fun from the character.

Now I don't know enough about JJJ from the comics to know whether there's MEANT to be an undercurrent of fun to the character, given that he's a prominent Spider-Man antagonist, but that's what made Simmons' portrayal so memorable.

• 4 weeks later...
"[He's a] genius electrician-type person," Foxx says, "and he gets the short end of the stick from the whole world... [T]he next thing you know, he turns it on."

Hey look, it's another bad guy that's only bad because of circumstances. Just like every other Spider-Man movie villain. Is it too much to ask for an unapologetic bad guy who does bad things because he enjoys it?

I would love to see someone like Carnage in a movie. Spider-Man trying to stop a serial killer would be interesting. Unfortunately he's closely tied to Venom.

Norman was just a rich prick/bad father before, but they talked about the serum causing increased aggression and psychosis in one of the tests before he uses it. The first thing he does after using it is kill someone. I doubt he would have done that before.

The biggest obvious divide between normal Norman and Goblin Norman is during the mirror conversation scenes, where the two personalities converse. Normal Norman seems to be the original persona; he doesn't even entirely remember what Goblin Norman's been doing at first. Eventually the personalities seem to merge, but if we're to judge based on what's seen, without the serum and provocation from the Oscorp board and the military, Norman never would have become the goblin. The worst thing he ever did was decide to experiment on himself, but if he knew he'd become a murderer I doubt he would have gone through with it.

• 2 months later...

The official synopsis:

Columbia Pictures announced today that filming has begun on The Amazing Spider-Manâ„¢ 2 in New York. The film is the first in the history of the franchise that will be filmed entirely in New York City and New York State.

The sequel to last year’s critical and box office hit The Amazing Spider-Man, the film stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Shailene Woodley, Dane DeHaan, Colm Feore, Paul Giamatti, and Sally Field.

In The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.

The film is directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci & Jeff Pinkner, with a previous draft by James Vanderbilt, and based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are the producers.

The film’s key behind-the-scenes team includes director of photography Dan Mindel, production designer Mark Friedberg, editors Pietro Scalia and Elliot Graham, and costume designer Deborah L. Scott.

The latest chapter in the Spider-Man story is set for release in 3D on May 2, 2014.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99942

• 3 weeks later...