The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Koete

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I'm actually surprised how little I care about this movie. You can definitely argue that Garfield is a stronger Parker than Maguire. But I think there is almost no argument to be made that Raimi is a better filmmaker than Marc Webb, even if he did slip up on 3.

There was an interview with Webb from SDCC where he basically admitted that everyone on the crew of ASM was so incredibly nervous and strict about doing justice to Spidey and "getting it right" that they weren't able to have any fun, behind the scenes or in the movie itself. Apparently ASM 2 is supposed to be a lot more fun and less stiff.

Except, a lack of fun wasn't ASM's underlying problem. That'd be more the mischaracterisation of the lead role (in script, not acting) and the generally ridiculous story. If ASM2 is well-scripted and shows a better bond between Peter & Aunt May, it'll already be better than its predecessor.

See now, I thought the dead-serious tone was far and away the biggest problem with ASM. Peter came off like a selfish jackass in a few scenes, but that was a much more minor gripe. (Personally, I found Peter much more relatable and understandable on my second viewing of the movie)

Though, to be entirely fair, I think the tone and character went hand-in-hand. If ASM hadn't been so focused on showing us a darker story with a more troubled version of Peter, a lot of the character notes probably would have been less bothersome.

• 3 months later...

You know what? I will smack anyone who says that isn't Spider-Man. It's funny but serious, and totally New York and Spider-Man. Because, why wouldn't Peter Parker put on a fire fighter helmet before extinguishing a fire?

Absolutely. It's the perfectly goofy type of Spider-Man thing to do in a crisis situation. "That fire needs putting out! Somebody quick, GIVE ME ONE OF THOSE HATS!"

• 2 weeks later...

Cinepop.br has unveiled some interesting news from Sony Pictures Brazil that their upcoming Spider-Man sequel is now titled The Amazing Spider-Man: Rise of Electro, at least in that particular territory.

It's not uncommon for films to have different titles across the globe, but there have previously been rumors that Sony was considering adding a subtitle to the sequel in lieu of a traditional number. We reached out to Columbia Pictures for details on this title change, but they couldn't confirm the change domestically.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/180403-electro-subtitle-added-to-the-amazing-spider-man-sequel

Please stop with the rising......