The Omniverse Draft!

Dread

That works. That would fit for a lot of Star Wars characters too, I imagine. Darth Vader would be the non-comic originated pick but a ton of guys have been created for the comics. BUT, if you pick a comics-originated character from a licensed franchise, you couldn't use anybody else from that universe comics-originated or not. So, no Darth Vader. Make sense?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If one person picked a comics-originated Star Wars character, would that mean Darth Vader was off the table for everyone?

Nope. Just individual people.

What about an alter ego that originated in comics of an outside of comics character?

I think I know who you're talking about (based on your earlier picks). I would have to say that if the character is original to comics (alter ego-wise) it would be fair game to this draft.

Have there been Power Ranger comics?

Edit: Scratch that. Google tells me there have been Power Ranger comics.

Suavestar's up, but seeing as it's already like bedtime where he is, I suspect we'll have some downtime here. Loving the picks already, peeps.

And I just caught on to what Professor's doing.

From the portal, Quinn steps into an impossibly large laboratory. Before he even notices the overly complicated but elegantly designed technology lining every wall and creating a maze of the room, he glances down at his handheld device — the device which brought him here.

"Something's wrong," he mutters to himself.

"No. You're where you think you are," the voice of a little girl rings out.

Quinn spins on his heels, then around again, but she's nowhere to be found.

"Up here."

It's then that he glances upward, and sees a small blonde girl sitting atop a telescope — he guesses — of some sort. She pulls a pair of welding goggles away from her eyes and smiles at Quinn.

"Should you be up there?"

"I'm fixing it."

Quinn laughs. "You?"

The child scoffs at his disbelief, and turns her attention back to her work.

"Pardon my daughter, Professor Mallory." From over the top of the same machine, Reed Richards stretches his torso to get a look first at his daughter's handiwork then downward at his guest. "Valeria is a bit touchy when others question her intellect."

"I didn't mean any disrespect. Wait, how do you know my name? And what is this place? It's too big."

Mr. Fantastic reduces his body to its normal size and walks around to properly greet Quinn with a handshake. "Reed Richards. As Valeria noted, you are precisely where you think you are — the top floor of the Baxter Building. However, she's altered the dimensional properties of the room. When needed, we can increase its size. Theoretically, it's infinite."

"It's not a theory. It's a fact," Valeria says while welding above the men.

"This is brilliant!"

"Yes it is."

"Valeria. Modesty."

"Thank you, Professor Mallory," the child drones.

"I'm sorry, how do you know my name?"

Reed smiles a bit too wide, causing Quinn to grimace a little.

"Your probe. Fascinating little device."

"I could have built it."

"Valeria, why don't you go wash up."

"But, dad! I'm almost done!"

"No arguing. And please tell your mother I'll be back as soon as I can. Professor Mallory and I are about to step outside reality for a while."

Valeria pockets her goggles as she slides down the telescope. Before her feet touch the ground, her father turns his hands into a trampoline, causing the child to bounce up to his lips for a quick kiss. She then runs off into the maze of equipment.

"I don't mean to harp on it, but —"

"My family and I were coming back from vacation when your probe entered our reality. It was a simple matter of collecting and examining the device. In so doing, I was able to trace where it was relaying its signal. That being your Earth. With a few readjustments, I used it to scan your world, and discovered... a lot. I'm so sorry."

"Can you help?"

"Let's hope so."

Silently, Quinn activates the so-called timer, creating a portal through which both men step.

Fantastic_Four_Vol_1_570_page_00_Reed_Richards_(Earth-616).png

Riverdale, Three Days Ago

It was a sunny day. A red jalopy had been speeding down Main Street, late for class. It's occupant, one Archie Andrews, didn't notice the bronze-shelled creature in the the middle of the road as he hit it. The car was totaled, Archie just barely able to get out. Luckily, the thing had shown up outside of Riverdale High. Unluckily...

"EXTERMINATE!"

Present

Reggie Mantle ducked through the alley. The Daleks didn't see him as he returned with the supplies from the grocery store. He slid through the door of Pop Tate's Chok-lit Shop and ducked into the back room. The remaining class of Riverdale High were huddled in the corner.

"Dur-where's Jughead?" Moose asked.

"The dolt tried running from the Daleks. They killed him flat. I got the supplies for Sabrina though," Reggie said, handing the bag to the White Haired young witch. She took the candles out and added them to the circle. Veronica red-nail polish had worked for the summoning circle. Now she just needed to cast the spell.

In the corner, Betty Cooper and Veronica Lodge sat. Betty had watched as Archie was killed, the first victim of the Dalek Invasion of Earth. Veronica has just arrived back into town from a trip to Paris with her parents. They'd handed her the parachute when the Daleks fired on the Lodge jet. Now, it was just the four of them and Miss Grundy.

"I can't believe he's really gone. How could this be happening to us? It always felt like we would always be teenagers and anytime something crazy would happen, it would be forgotten the next day," Betty said. She started crying.

Veronica slapped her, "Get a hold of yourself. Sabrina said she would summon help. Archiekins wouldn't want us to be this sad."

Sabrina finished casting the spell.

Vroop-vroop-vroop.

The TARDIS appeared in the middle of the room.

Reggie laughed, "That's it?"

The door opened and the Doctor emerged. Reggie laughed harder.

Around 3 Episodes-err- Two Hours Later

The Dalek base burned as the Doctor walked away with the lone survivor.

"I hope that fixed your Dalek problem. I don't know how they got to your universe, might have something to do with my problem. Well, good luck," he said.

"Did you just say those things only killed my friends because they came from your universe?" The survivor said.

"Well, yes, I guess that's one way of looking at it," The Doctor replied, opening the TARDIS door.

"Then I'm coming with you," she said.

"Right, no you're not. I already have Peri to look after who I really should check on," The Doctor said, starting to close the door. A blue high heel stopped it.

"I saved your life Doctor when the Special Weapons Dalek nearly hit you tonight. You owe me for this," Veronica Lodge said. She entered the TARDIS.

"Fine," The Doctor Said.

v187.jpg

Veronica Lodge is a rich and intelligent teenage girl, more than a little spoiled. She's also a loyal friend and has stood her own against some crazy shit in the past.

Riverdale, Three Days Ago

It was a sunny day. A red jalopy had been speeding down Main Street, late for class. It's occupant, one Archie Andrews, didn't notice the bronze-shelled creature in the the middle of the road as he hit it. The car was totaled, Archie just barely able to get out. Luckily, the thing had shown up outside of Riverdale High. Unluckily...

"EXTERMINATE!"

Present

Reggie Mantle ducked through the alley. The Daleks didn't see him as he returned with the supplies from the grocery store. He slid through the door of Pop Tate's Chok-lit Shop and ducked into the back room. The remaining class of Riverdale High were huddled in the corner.

"Dur-where's Jughead?" Moose asked.

"The dolt tried running from the Daleks. They killed him flat. I got the supplies for Sabrina though," Reggie said, handing the bag to the White Haired young witch. She took the candles out and added them to the circle. Veronica red-nail polish had worked for the summoning circle. Now she just needed to cast the spell.

In the corner, Betty Cooper and Veronica Lodge sat. Betty had watched as Archie was killed, the first victim of the Dalek Invasion of Earth. Veronica has just arrived back into town from a trip to Paris with her parents. They'd handed her the parachute when the Daleks fired on the Lodge jet. Now, it was just the four of them and Miss Grundy.

"I can't believe he's really gone. How could this be happening to us? It always felt like we would always be teenagers and anytime something crazy would happen, it would be forgotten the next day," Betty said. She started crying.

Veronica slapped her, "Get a hold of yourself. Sabrina said she would summon help. Archiekins wouldn't want us to be this sad."

Sabrina finished casting the spell.

Vroop-vroop-vroop.

The TARDIS appeared in the middle of the room.

Reggie laughed, "That's it?"

The door opened and the Doctor emerged. Reggie laughed harder.

Around 3 Episodes-err- Two Hours Later

The Dalek base burned as the Doctor walked away with the lone survivor.

"I hope that fixed your Dalek problem. I don't know how they got to your universe, might have something to do with my problem. Well, good luck," he said.

"Did you just say those things only killed my friends because they came from your universe?" The survivor said.

"Well, yes, I guess that's one way of looking at it," The Doctor replied, opening the TARDIS door.

"Then I'm coming with you," she said.

"Right, no you're not. I already have Peri to look after who I really should check on," The Doctor said, starting to close the door. A blue high heel stopped it.

"I saved your life Doctor when the Special Weapons Dalek nearly hit you tonight. You owe me for this," Veronica Lodge said. She entered the TARDIS.

"Fine," The Doctor Said.

v187.jpg

Veronica Lodge is a rich and intelligent teenage girl, more than a little spoiled. She's also a loyal friend and has stood her own against some crazy shit in the past.

Post of the Day! :bowdown:

Looks like I'll get my turn before beddy-byes...

Lila landed softly in waist-high grass. The soft blades tickled her on her way to the spongy ground. It was damp, but not wet enough to soak her clothing.

Pushing herself to her feet, she heard a beautifully familiar lulling guitar riff as her eyes adjusted to the soft sunlight. She was standing on a hill overlooking a beautiful valley. The grass appeared to dance, rejoicing in their glorious view.

“Where the hell is this? The Age of Aquarius?” she asked rhetorically.

“No, a couple miles south of Portland actually.”

The voice came from behind her. Turning, she saw a man so beautiful, she’d think he was a statue if he wasn’t moving his fingers effortlessly across the fretboard of the cherry Gibson acoustic. His vermillion hair hung almost to his shoulders, obscuring something on his forehead.

“And please,” he continued, “don’t bring up that terrible song again. The sixties had a lot better than that garbage.”

“Speaking of: what’s that you’re playing? Sounds familiar.”

“Ah, it’s an original, but you probably think it sounds a lot like ‘Little Wing.’ Jimi and I worked on that one together and each took it different directions. Kind of cool, really.”

“Jimi...Hendrix?”

“Sure.”

“You look two years younger than me. How could you have known Jimi Hendrix?”

“Babe, they’ve written books about me. VH1 even did a special. I’d rather play a song for you than tell you my life story.”

Lila watched him play as the events of the past few minutes gelled for her.

“I need to put the best band in all of reality together,” she said as plainly as if she had said she needed to take a cab across town. “I think you’re supposed to be my lead guitar player.”

“Now you’re speaking my language, babe!”

“I’m Lila Cheney, interstellar pop singer.”

“I’m Red Rocket 7, rock star clone of an alien messiah. Call me Seven.”

red-rocket-7-lextraterrestre-musicofilo-di-al-L-SQBl90.jpeg

“Ready to do this, Seven?”

“One question: should I bring my acoustic or my electric?”

“Electric,” she said, “definitely electric.”