Shot Glass of Rocket Fuel: 2000 AD Progs 1800 - 1807

RSS

Greetings Earthlets, and welcome to the first bumper-sized edition of Shot Glass of Rocket Fuel, my new <i>2000 AD</i> review series. For those of you who aren't familiar with 2000 AD, it's a sci-fi anthology title created in 1977, back when the year 2000 seemed like a long way off and a children's anthology title wasn't expected to last quite that long.

To read more, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/reviews/c/shot-glass-of-rocket-fuel/shot-glass-01.php

It is always nice to see more 2000ad related stuff here...

A little thing I loved about 1807 was the rather surprising way Dredd, Simping detective and Low life suddenly turned into one long 18 page story.

judge dredds investigation into the murder of a wally squad judge spirals into simping when we find out not only did Jack point kill the judge but he may have had his mind altered by someone within the judge system. Meanwhil on luna 1 professional alan moore impersonator and wally squad member dirty frank has had his mind altered by the same mystery person who did the same to point.

A genuinly cool moment in a comic series which continues to surprise even after 30 odd years

• 2 weeks later...

Hooray, another convert! Yeah, the current run is tremendous. A lot of people are claiming that it's probably one of the strongest runs ever, and I'm one of them. I usually look forward to getting the prog each week, but this is the first time I've ever felt impatient waiting for a week to get it. The ending of prog 1811 was spectacular and I can't wait to see what happens in 1812.