Hellsing Ultimate OVA/Hellsing manga

James D.

NEW Hellsing OVA Series coming...

This one is going to be based on the mangas and should be much more violent. Meaning, the Hellsing organization will be fighting Nazi vampires in South America.

My thoughts?

##@$@%!~@&@*$@*&@$&@$#*!~#*@_&$*^@^!!~!!!!!!!!!

:OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

EDIT:

Here is something you might like:

hellsingova.jpg

Edited by James D.

POSSIBLE ORGINAL SERIES SPOILERS: I take it Ceras is still very much his bitch? That always bothered me, because they make this big deal about her coming to terms with being a vampire, and then she's just as weak and helpless as she ever was.

END POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Whatever. I'm in as long as Alexander's back.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS JAMES.

Oh and no offense J Marv but if you hate the idea that Ceras is Alukards bitch you don't grasp the concept they are trying to push with the character. It's not that she couldn't come to terms with being a vampire that caused that, it's the relationship the two have. He is literally her master. It is a unspoken connection and that is what causes her to be so close to him and be "weak". I don't think she is weak by any means since she kicks a large amount of ass.

I was wondering when you'd see this, Blane.

This is going to own on so many levels.

I'm glad you posted it or I would have never known. Keep me updated since I don't have the time to keep up on news and don't watch very much anime anyway.

• 3 months later...
Who was the heavily wrapped up guy with the sword?

You need to read the manga to know who the "new" characters are. The guy you're talking about is Pip Bernadette, a member of the "Wild Geese"--a group not even mentioned in the anime.

Buy the mangas. They are SO much better than the anime, and I'm a huge fan of the anime.

Okay, it has been brought to my attention that the link I supplied is dead. I'm not surprised, quite frankly. However, I do have a website with some screenshots taken at Anime Expo 2005.

HERE

Supposedly, the OAV is going to be released in Japan next month. What that means for us in the States remains to be seen.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So, after hours of searching, googling, downloading codecs and a new media player specially designed for .mkv files, I finally got to see the 30-minute Hellsing OVA "Digest for Fleaks" preview. It's everything I could hope for and so much more. Just...spectacularly bloody and beautifully animated. Also, the sound effects like creaking wood are so lifelike, it's scary. Very Silent Hill-esque.

This OVA is going to DESTROY the original series a million times over.

When will we get this in the US?

Honestly, if it takes as long as it normally does for an anime to be translated to English and released in America, we could conceivably be waiting for upwards of 18 months to two years. :shakehead:

However, I hold out hope that the hype surrounding this will lead Geneon to really push to get it over here by the end of this year or early next year. And hopefully, they can get some of the voice actors from the original anime series. I just can't think of Alucard as voiced by anyone other than Crispin Freeman.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!

December 5th, bitches!

And oh by the way, I have watched all of Episode 2 and holy shitballs does it ever rule. Luke Valentine is no longer a bitch. Quite the contrary, he OWNS now. :shocked:

When is OVA 2 going to be released in North America?

March 31st, 2007 from ought that I can tell. Hopefully, that won't be pushed back.

That's still to far off the first OVA was amazing I can't wait for the second.

Agreed. I have already watched the second episode on YouTube. If you don't want to wait, you can watch it in Japanese (w/sub) on there. It's fantastic.

All I'm going to say about the next episode is that, as I said up there, uh, Luke Valentine.....yeah, he's no longer a bitch (a la the first anime series). You'll see. :devil:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...