DC Cinematic Universe Draft

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't have Sandman, Stavros is already doing movie by that name. But its what reminded me that I've wanted to see a 'High Cost of Living' movie for... well ever since the miniseries came out.

Now.. Catwoman. A little obvious considering, but I am very willing to recast if people want to tell me their casting ideas and I find I prefer one of them to mine.

anne-hathaway-catwoman-dark-knight-rises-p-450x600_zps07fb94be.jpg

Is Anne Hathaway your pick for Death?

No, my pick for Catwoman. I'm not going to cast Death here unless High Cost of Living is approved. I have an actress though. However, Mad Hettie is giving me trouble

EDIT: Death: The High Cost of Living has been approved. My casting for Didi was a toughie. If this was the 80's - or even the 90's - I would probably have gone with Natalie Portman or Christina Ricci. Instead I have gone with:

Abigail Breslin:

abigail-breslin-219717821a_zps04f10357.jpg

We seem to have crossed over our picks Jason, I was reading through that considering it. Its the root of my line of thinking in picking Sandman.

It was your picking of Sandman that reminded me of High Cost of Living. :P Otherwise I would have stuck with Catwoman.

Well you know what they say about great ideas. I had them first. ;)

Robotman is the team’s stalwart. The field leader who will stop at nothing to protect his friends. A real tin man with an actual heart, his stature and driven nature pushes him through to his goals violently, but his caring and self-sacrifice is what defines him. My pick for him has the size, acting chops and, as his turn in Iron Giant proved, the compassionate and resonant voice needed for Cliff Steele:

1017287-robotman_10_large.jpgvin-diesel-picture-1.jpg

Brilliant inventor and powerful telepath, Steve Dayton modelled himself after The Chief in trying to recruit misfits into a family. When that went south, he needed rescuing. His dashing good looks and seemingly endless pocketbook are all that most see when they look at him, but they don’t know that the helmet he created to amplify his powers, takes a little bit of his humanity ever time he uses it. A man whose sanity is on borrowed time at best, a facade at worst, needs to be played by someone who puts on a good show, but hides a terrible secret. The Korean War vet turned advertising guru from Madmen is a perfect choice for this:

mento_TT37_thumb.jpgJon-Hamm.jpg

Beautiful, but emotionally unstable actress, Rita Farr can grow to untold heights or shrink from our vision at a whim. Her power, however, is dependent on her self esteem which, as an actress in Hollywood on the far side of thirty, is generally pretty delicate. Granted, my pick is for a little bit younger version of the actress that deserves the role, and perhaps that says something, but my pick is not averse to a role that puts her as a beautiful woman on the outside. She’s been a mermaid, an assassin, a cavewoman, the lover of a large-nosed fireman and an invisible man, and, most importantly, the only woman alive with the experience on her resume to be Elasti-Girl:

elasti-girl.jpgattack-of-the-50ft-woman-250x250.jpg

DC’s Larry Trainor gained his powers when he crashed a test plane. This happened a lot in the Silver Age. My version (currently being written at the DC Omega fan-fiction site) has Trainor being treated radically for cerebral palsy. The resulting accident does nothing for his condition, but allows him the mobility of a negatively charged “soul self” to escape the prison of his body, but only for sixty seconds at a time. The actor needed for this role has to have the ability to physically pull of a man suffering from cerebral palsy while having his face covered in bandages, and a voice expressive enough to carry his emotions through. A delicate balance between a man whose body is killing him one day at a time and one whose joy of freedom one minute at a time as Negative Man is something only an actor the quality of Giovanni Ribisi can pull off.

Negative_Man_001.jpgGiovanni+Ribisi.jpg

Cocky, scrawny, limber, likable, and naive are all words I would use to describe our POV character. Garfield Logan, victim of an experiment that killed his family, but endowed him with the ability to shapeshift into any animal he knew at will, is the comedic centre as well as the driving force behind the plot of the film. Before I saw Karate Kid, I would never have thought about this actor, but all of those words I used above are embodied by Jaden Smith to a T.

250px-BeastboyOYL.jpgkarate-kid-dvd-400.jpg

My viewpoint character, the only member of the Squad that isn't a total sociopath:

Bronze Tiger. Played by one of the few men that is both physically imposing enough and a good enough martial artist: Michael Jai White.

224820-20722-bronze-tiger_large.jpg

michael_jai_white_01.jpg

Jeffery Dean Morgan as Deadshot

villainsunited_001_deadshot.jpg201204-b-ike-evans-jeffrey-dean-morgan-2.jpg?1333470594

Christoph Waltz as Count Vertigo:

Count-Vertigo1.jpg3d02cc630d62bfbd5077bb14eba7c78c661552524f3750f439c02e60.jpg

Elizabeth Banks as Bette Sans Soucie/Plastique

plastique.jpgElizabeth-Banks-at-Pitch-Perfect-press-conference-1.jpg

And lastly...

Brendan Gleeson as Capt. Boomerang

775623-harkness_large.jpgBrendan-Gleeson-in-Green--001.jpg

Gonna ask this now - I have one antagonist that's specific to this movie, but a bigger bad (three guesses who, first two don't count) who'll be cameoing right at the end, are folks okay with me casting the second bad with my primary bad?

I'm wanting to know this too. Also because, I have two actors that I want for roles, but I'm worried about people picking them before I have a chance.

Edit: I have a second choice, who I'm actually liking more now.