DC Cinematic Universe Draft

I have to say that, being this is my favorite draft of all (though the idea of mixing two of my great loves comics and films, it might be obvious), Hannah is officially winning. I had ideas for a New Gods run. I'm not sure how I feel about your early picks but the villain picks and this one is fucking inspired. 100% inspired. Bravo.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone's picks are awesome. I also just realised something. Everyone is going these big tentpole movies with kickass casts.... and I'm doing what amounts to an indie art-house movie. How did that happen?

Oh yeah. I was doing one of those too - with Catwoman. But then I switched. :P

Dian Belmont is played by Julie Benz. No, Julie Bowen. Argh, skip me for the moment, I'll sort this out later.

edit- Michelle Monaghan

kinopoiskrumichellemona.jpg

Diane Belmont- The love of Wesley Dodds' life. Before the war she played an essential role in his investigations, working as his partner in effect. However, whilst he was at war she took on the guise of the Sandman when needed to keep the peace at home. In 1945 just after VE day she investigates supposed smugglers at the pier bringing crates full of nazi tech. She is murdered by a mysterious new arrival on US soil with Dodds still on the other side of the world. This is the opening moment of the film, experienced by Wesley through one of his prophetic dreams.

I have to say that, being this is my favorite draft of all (though the idea of mixing two of my great loves comics and films, it might be obvious), Hannah is officially winning. I had ideas for a New Gods run. I'm not sure how I feel about your early picks but the villain picks and this one is fucking inspired. 100% inspired. Bravo.

Trust me when I say that I've been bouncing ideas off of a lot of people for the casting. And seriously, the best is yet to come. And d'aww, thanks Des!

Trust me when I say that I've been bouncing ideas off of a lot of people for the casting.

:*

Right then. It's my turn again I believe:

Really, I should have made him joint protagonist with Didi because its more his story than it is Didi's. It's all from his POV, more or less.

Sexton Furnival:

sextonorg_zps86824567.jpg

Starts the day wanting to kill himself... just because. As he puts it 'Live Dull, think Why bother and leave a note saying goodbye.' Meets Didi, a crazy, weirdly dressed teenager, who claims she's the human personification of Death, having her one day in a century to experience life. Despite himself, he gets dragged along behind. Meets all sorts of strange people, has some strange experiences and by the end, he's decided that life really is worth living, despite all the bad and dull parts.

To be played by:

Jimmy Bennett

Sexton_zps03fe82f6.jpg

Mysterious and enigmatic, Dr. Niles Caulder – better known to his friends as The Chief – is a scientist of many disciplines. His sole mission in life has been to find and train the world’s most marginalized: freaks, monsters, misfits, misguided metahumans. He is the brain center that all of the Doom Patrol revolves around. John Rhys-Davies carries the kind of gravitas needed for a role that, thought thankless in a lot of ways, needs to portray wisdom and demand for respect with very little screen time.

1622_4_117.jpg876.jpg

This round will be the selection of what is essentially my hench-people. Though, due to the physical demand of villainy, they will be the primary physical villains.

First up:doom-patrol-088.JPG

The Baron is the Nazi henchman of General Immortus. The driver of giant robots and commander of villainous hordes, he is steely, cold, and brutal. With turns as a Viking slave and a mysterious Bond villain, Mads Mikkelsen is a shoe-in.

mads_mikkelsen.jpg

If The Baron is Immortus's right hand man, then his left hand woman is:

Madame_Rouge_001.jpg

Madame Rouge, beautiful and extremely dangerous, is the true threat to our team. Her powers allow her to twist, shape and change the appearance of her body to infiltrate and kill better than anyone else on the planet. Though, she won't be changing shape too much in my film, because at 48, the actress who plays her looks better than a Hollywood 25 year old:

36036839MonicaBellucci_(3).jpg