RSS

Episode 18: Highlander II - The Quickening

Cherish the day that the Tirades return with everything you've come to expect from the show: Sade references, Atari bartering, and exploding model planes. James and Damien tackle Highlander II: The Quickening, a movie so incomprehensibly flawed that it has become synonymous with horrible cinema. So hang on to your love, because this movie proves it's never as good as the first time. [ 1:48:22 || 52.4 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/tranquiltirades/episodes/tranquiltirades_018.mp3

I want to save this for a road trip next week but in all likelyhood I won't be able to wait and I'll listen this weekend. Great to have you back Dubs!

There are some noticeable audio cut-offs on my end, especially early on. I think my laptop is dying, so that's a pretty big problem.

good review of a film that was one of my least liked for a long time :) Well it was until i saw Highlander:the Source which (apart from the benny hilling) i found so awful it helped me sort of enjoy number 2 (yes i am strange) though not to the extent i am in any rush to put it on

The Quickening can be considered a Wayans style spoof on sci fi in the same sense as The Room is a black comedy. That is to say its entirely unintentional but pretty accurate.

btw I've bought many a suit of clothes for a pearl earring before,

its a tradition over here.

The wiki entry on Bonesaw was hilarious.

I think that might have been a moment where my connection went out momentarily and I didn't actually hear what Dubs said. :mellow:

After watching Highlander and The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai: Across the Eight dimension, I am convinced that killing off Clancy Brown is condemning your movie to have a horrible sequel or never have a sequel.