Beloved TV franchises you don't give a shit about.

In terms of shows I've not seen and would take some convincing to give them a go:

• My Little Pony
  • Big Bang Theory
  • How I met your Mother
  • The Sopranos
  • Deadwood
  • Homeland

In terms of shows I have seen but don't care about:

• Only Fools and Horses - classic British comedy that never made me laugh
  • Torchwood - gave up after half a series

I guess I would say the whole NCIS, CSI, Law and Order group of shows have nothing for me. I can deal with a formula in TV but not for it's own sake. Plus The Wire really blew me away re what I could expect from that sort of show. I'm considering The Shield because it's been talked up, but I can't go back. Not without going all the back back to old school cop shows like TJ Hooker.

Another one is Big Bang Theory, which all my friends love. I don't find it insulting or anything like some seem to. I'd say if you can make a funny show about a bunch of geeks, even if you poke fun at them, then go for it. My problem is that it isn't funny. I find the humor incredibly lowbrow, it mainly consists of tired sex jokes and lame references. I do watch it quite often only because my friends subject me to it but I struggle to find a single original joke per episode. Watch Louie instead!

I’ve seen a few bits and pieces of How I Met Your Mother over the years, but I’ve never stuck through and watched a whole episode. I feel like the style of humour is something I should like, but the delivery of it just leaves me cold. Neil Patrick Harris seems like a super nice guy, but I don’t find the character he plays to be funny at all, just obnoxious. Josh Radnor just seems like someone brought a piece of toasted wonder bread to life and gave it a starring role.

Oh, and I like The Daily Show, but I don’t think Jon Stewart has ever made a joke that’s made me laugh. There’s a lot of humour on that show that falls flat for me.

I don’t feel like I watch enough TV to comment on anything else. The My Little Pony fandom baffles me, but I don’t think I’ll ever spend enough time with it to really judge it.

EDIT - HEY I'VE GOT ONE. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I've seen nary a bad thing said about it, even though the fanbase is small but dedicated. But boy oh boy, that awkwardness makes it a super hard show for me to watch. I guess I have similar problems with a bunch of other shows (I can somehow make it through Peep Show okay, probably because it's so awesome,) but there's also something specific in the way the humour is delivered that makes it hard for me to get interested.