Episode 635

RSS

Biggles is a British World War I fighter pilot, and Jim is an American entrepreneur from the 1980s. Together, they derp through time. Dave is a man with a soundboard, Ian is a Skype ninja, and Mike is displeased with time travel in a time travel movie. Together, they review Biggles: Adventures in Time. Also, Peter Cushing is in no way creepy. Nope. Not at all. Never mind that length of rope in the corner, the stuffed raven on a perch, and the bag of automatic machine guns. [ 3:22:41 || 97.8 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/theshow/episodes/e2ts_635.mp3

Chris and I actually know Neil Dickson(AKA Biggles)'s daughter. She used to live in Bristol, she's married to one of Chris' best mates from uni. I've been meaning to go back and watch this ever since I found out who he was. All I remember from when I saw it as a kid is a sonic or microwave weapon of some kind and some bunkers.

Biggleon sounds like the pokemon evolution of Biggles.

Mike, I highly advise Blackadder Goes Forth, the series set in a WWI trench. It really is one of the funniest sitcoms of all time. Here's a short section about the unspoken nobility of that periods air aces.

One thing that the boys failed to mention was that Allo Allo was set in a brothel. It was thinly disguised as a bar/restaurant, but it the waitresses were definitely pulling double duty as ladies of the evening.

• 1 month later...

Indeed. Indiana Jones is very much on a short list of must-cover movies. And though we haven't spoken about it, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see John Carter, The Green Hornet, and The Lone Ranger make it into the segment.

If all goes as planned, episode 643 will be The Rocketeer, and after that we'll be doing Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. We have another movie planned after that, but I'm keeping that in my pocket for now.

• 3 months later...