Anime Versus Tournament

James D.

Okay, here is what I need to do to prepare for the anime "Versus" tournament that we'll have in the future:

--Anyone who wants to, send me a list of 32 anime heroes and 16 anime villains so we can start getting brackets set up. I'd like as many as possible, so everyone--send me lists. If you can't think of 32 of each, just send me as many as you can think of. Regardless, the bios we come up with will help everyone be able to intelligently vote. The main point of this thing is to educate people on anime. :yes:

--I'll probably need a couple guys to help make bios for the 32 characters we end up choosing, so Logan and DanMan, I'm looking in your directions. Anyone who would like to help, by all means.

PM your lists to me or send them to my e-mail address: xenomaster_17@yahoo.com.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One other thing, guys--DO NOT include characters from anime-based video games. Meaning--no Final Fantasy or other RPG characters. This is strictly pure anime characters. We're likely to do a video game tourney in the future, so we'd want to include characters like them in that one. Not in anime.

Being a sucker for any sort of tournament, I'm very interested in this idea. I'm pretty busy most of the time but I'd like to help out any way I can.

Should be fun. At least it'll give me a reason to dust off all my Shonen Jump comics.

One other thing, guys--DO NOT include characters from anime-based video games. Meaning--no Final Fantasy or other RPG characters. This is strictly pure anime characters. We're likely to do a video game tourney in the future, so we'd want to include characters like them in that one. Not in anime.

Okay, so heres a question, you don't want characters from video games based on animes...

What about characters from animes based on video games?

One other thing, guys--DO NOT include characters from anime-based video games.  Meaning--no Final Fantasy or other RPG characters.  This is strictly pure anime characters.  We're likely to do a video game tourney in the future, so we'd want to include characters like them in that one.  Not in anime.

Okay, so heres a question, you don't want characters from video games based on animes...

What about characters from animes based on video games?

If the video game is based on the anime, then they are eligible. But games like FF, Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, etc. where the animes are based off the popular games, are not eligible.

And PM or e-mail me your list, Yoda.

• 2 weeks later...

A little update for those who care.

I'm ranking the heroes and villains right now. Anti-heroes (such as Alucard and Inuyasha) will be grouped with the heroes for purposes of this tourney. I finally got a decent list of 32 people for each side. Only a few people sent me any villains, so I had to spend days looking through dozens of animes for villains. But anyway, that's neither here nor there now.

I'll be doing bios pretty soon and if I need any help, I'll post names of people I'll need bios for so you guys can help me. When we get down to the later rounds of this thing, I'll elicit Yoda's help in making those spiffy "VS." pictures that he did for the Jedi/Sith tournament. Those rocked. I'll start gathering pictures so everyone will know who each character looks like when they vote.

More to come shortly.

James, what's your timeframe look like?

There's really no way to tell right now. It all depends on how quickly I get the bios done. Marv, I'll PM you a list of people to get bios for. There isn't a real limit on length because I want people who are voting to know everything possible about the combatants.

Yoda, I do have a general idea of how I'd like to structure the voting, though:

For the first round, put up 4 polls a day and leave them open for 36 hours each. After closing those polls when their 36 hours are done, open up the next four for the same amount of time and so on and so forth until the first round is done. After that, I'm not sure exactly, but I definitely want the first round to go like I just said. It'll allow several polls to go on at once, promoting a quick first round; and it will allow people over a day to vote giving them ample time in which to vote (at least in my opinion).

Any problems with this structure, Yoda? We can always compromise.

Alright, here are SOME of the characters I need bios for:

Heroes:

Kenshin Himura (Samurai X)

Astro Boy

Trunks (Dragonball Z)

Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)

Sasuke Uchicha (Naruto)

Kurosaki Ichigo (Bleach)

Van Fanel (The Vision of Escaflowne)

Yusuke Urameshi (YuYu Hakusho)

Ginrei (Giant Robo)

Shotaro Kaneda (Akira)

Villains:

Baby (Dragonball GT)

Lord Sesshomaru (Inuyasha)

Knives (Trigun)

Tetsuo Shima (Akira)

Uchicha Itachi (Naruto)

Sharon Apple (Macross Plus)

Lord Gemma (Ninja Scroll)

The Puppet Master (Ghost in the Shell)

Zeke Asakura (Shaman King)

Count Akebu, Agent of Chaos (Final Fantasy Unlimited)

Ozward K. Risker (Guyver: Bio Booster Armor)

Tabris (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

If I need any more done, I'll post them here. Remember guys, there is no real limit to how much info you give, so go nuts. I'll edit them if I see errors (since I know who 95% of these characters are), though, so please try and make sure your information is 100% accurate.

IF you want to do bios, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post in this thread first before you do them because I do not want three or four bios for Kenshin or Knives in my inbox, savvy? The first person to post that they want to do a certain bio (or bios) gets to do it. First come, first serve.

Any questions, you know how to find me; or just post 'em here.