What games are you currently playing?

Mr. Keith

Zillion (SMS) - One of like, five good games for the system.

Demon's Crest (SNES) - A game I never get tired of for whatever reason. It's not THAT great, but I've been through it a dozen times or so.

Knights of the Round (SNES) - An obscure Final Fight clone in which you can play as King Arthur.

Sin and Punishment (N64 Import) - I'm still at a loss to explain why we never got this. So great.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Sin & Punishment the game that Nintendo released on Virtual console? That name sounds very familiar.

Played and beat Super Mario Brothers 3 today, never quite understood why people this was one of the greatest games of all time. It's good, but I wouldn't call it the very best NES game around. Have also been playing Melee to death in anticipation for Brawl.

Now that I am somewhat settled (until this weekend when I start moving out of my folks house) I have been playing a lot.

Neo Geo Battle Coliseum: Not as in depth as King of Fighters, but really FUN. I like the method of getting the hidden characters in this better than KOF, and I love the mix of characters as well. Terry, as usual, is the shit and my chosen gun, but I love mixing up that second slot. Fun game, and well worth $20, but don't get it before KOF 11, because that game is amazing.

KOF 11: Awesome. One of the best 2-d fighters in years and better than most I have ever played. It's not third strike, but nothing is. Oswald, Terry, and K or Hayate are the team of choice, and Oswald's Leader Special is tremendous. Some of the challenges are crazy hard, but they really add replay value because of the difficulty.

The rest are all on my Mame emulator:

Garou: Mark of the Wolves: the contiuation of the Fatal Fury story, basically. If you love SNK games, like me, you will love this. I stay away from Terry, because I use him in every other game, but the characters in this game are weird and fun. I have a hard time getting to far with this one, but I am able to keep my fight level around AA-S, so that is something.

Marvel vs. Capcom: It is what it is. Fun, fast paced, I usually play this when I have 10-20 minutes to kill and just want to have some fun. Wolverine and Spidey or Ryu are fun, but I like to throw in Hulk or Cap as well.

G.I. Joe: A run and gun game, but fun for Joe fans. There is no difference between the characters, but Duke or Roadblock are the call due to my love of them in the comics. I hope with the movie that someone will release an "Ultimate Alliance" type G.I. Joe game and do the series right.

Been on an SNES kick this week.

Mega Man X2 - This gets stupidly hard near the end, but still pretty solid.

Donkey Kong Country - Despite getting universal 9s and 10s when it first came out, everyone decided about 5 years ago that this was suddenly the video game equivalent of shitting in the heart of a baby. It's still a good platformer and I stand by that.

Tetris Attack - Greatest. Puzzle. Game. Ever.

Liberty or Death - This is practically begging for a revival. It's a strategy/diplomacy game about the Revolutionary War. You wonder why there aren't more of those.

I've almost exclusively been playing N64 ROMs recently, and I've just finished 1080 Snowboarding and Wave Racer 64. The former was as much fun as I remember it being, as the only snowboarding game I've played where it actually feels like you're racing on snow as opposed to a racing track. Wave Racer 64, meanwhile, was a huge amount of fun. I'd forgotten how great it was, particularly when on championship mode with some heavy metal playing in the background.

I’ve done a fair bit of gaming over the past week or so. Finished Bioshock, finished portal, I’ve done a few levels of DMC4 with Dante and I’ve played the Patapon (rhythm based RTS (yes you read that right) for the PSP) demo. I like what I’ve played of Patapon so far, and I’m interested to see how much depth the full game has.

I've been playing a ridiculous amount of old school NES and SNES games. Started playing Super Metroid, which I finally beat. Then I played Link to the Past, got stuck and stopped. Punch Out, but keep getting whooped by either Bald Bull or Mr. Sandman. Now I'm playing Soul Blazer for the first time really. Which my older brother has owned for awhile, but I've never really had the chance to play. It's actually not that bad of a game.

No More Heroes (Wii) - I had a hard time figuring out if this was a bad game or simply a parody of a bad game. After an hour, I decided that it was both.

Solomon's Key (NES) - Old school goodness.

Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness (PSP) - Great port. Best writing for an RPG in quite a long time. Addictive as all hell.

No More Heroes (Wii) - I had a hard time figuring out if this was a bad game or simply a parody of a bad game. After an hour, I decided that it was both.

Wow, most of what I've read about NMH has been pretty good. I demand a review of it.

The reviews are very mixed actually. I personally really enjoyed the game, but I can definitely see where a person would flat out dislike it.

Wow, most of what I've read about NMH has been pretty good. I demand a review of it.

TNG_patrick_stewart1.jpg

I shall make it so.

On a huge SNES kick right now with the following games.

Soul Blazer: The story is pretty bizzare, but it's still a pretty entertaining game.

Super Punch Out: I use to adore this game. Now it's so easy that it's kind of dull.

Legend of the Mystical Ninja: Always had a soft spot for the Mystical Ninja games. However, it made me wish I had Gradius with the mini game you can play of it.

UN Squadron: I still suck at this game. :(