What games are you currently playing?

Mr. Keith

It was the same "No More Heroes" syndrome for me. All style and wackiness, but not much substance. And I remember the control was horrendous.

The way I see it, Clover was allowed to make one bad game, since Okami was so brilliant.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love God Hand because of how much depth it has. There’s so much consideration you have to put into what moves you use for what situation, and the level of customization is astounding. You really can’t run up to an enemy and jam on the square button, you have to consider what enemy type your facing and what moves work best against them.

Dang it, I could write a whole essay on this. I can totally get why people don’t like the game, the controls take forever to get used to and the humor isn’t for everyone. But “all style, no substance”? I disagree sir.

There are 87,000 different ways to attack, but no block or lock on button.

That sums up my feelings of the gameplay pretty much right there. I did a review of it when I wrote for 411games, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

I finished God Hand (hazzah!) and I'm now playing Dead Space. It's pretty much everything I was expecting it to be, which is exactly what I wanted. It’s like it’s caught half way between Resident Evil 4 and BioShock, just in the way everything is designed. The controls are great, the scares are well timed, the pacing is perfect, save points are regular, the interface is great, it’s just an all round solid 3rd person shooter. It’s probably not as scary as other horror games, but it’s incredibly fun.

Been playing LEGO Batman recently. Definately up there with LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga - has just the right mix of puzzles and other stuff.

Picking up WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2009 and Quantum Of Solace this weekend. Also looking forward to picking up Little Big Planet, Sonic Unleashed, Football Manager 2009 (if it works on my laptop!), Fable 2, and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts which I'll end up getting between now and Christmas.

(And yes, Suavy... that means I'm buying an Xbox 360!)

Just got Rock Band 2, and it is seriously interfering with my ability to write, sleep, work, or interact with the human race on any meaningful level.

You should have joined my friend and me last night. We were playing for a good two hours on Xbox Live. What instrument do you like to play?

Just got Rock Band 2, and it is seriously interfering with my ability to write, sleep, work, or interact with the human race on any meaningful level.

You should have joined my friend and me last night. We were playing for a good two hours on Xbox Live. What instrument do you like to play?

Guitar, and bass to a lesser extent. My attempts at the drums have conclusively proven to me that I am, at heart, a spastic, totally uncoordinated chimp. I'll give you a holler next time I see you, if my internet connection permits.

Seriously, I haven't tried it yet, but I can't imagine how stupid it is for vocalists to sing "Down with the Sickness" with the last minute of the song where David Draiman is ranting about his fucking whore bitch mother and all that garbage with all the words cut out. God, Disturbed sucks.

God, Disturbed sucks.

:cry:

I liked Disturbed in high school, but now I turn the station off whenever I hear them on the radio--which is to say all the damn time. I think individually, they have good musicians. Their drummer and guitarist are really good, but Draiman is maybe the worst frontman alive, which causes them to suck vicariously as a collective.