What games are you currently playing?

Mr. Keith

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Import PS2) - Didn't have a save for this version, so I've been going through unlocking everyone.

Adventures of Batman and Robin (Gen) - One of the most stupidly hard games I've ever played. Mad Hatter is a bitch mistress in this one.

drqshadow and I jammed it up on Rock Band 2 last night. :yes:

Sean, we NEED to play more often. That was so much fun. I have almost no one to play the game with around here, and I have to team with people online who pick horrible songs like "Visions" (which might be the shittiest song ever written) and "Almost Easy" every fucking time and then quit in the middle of good songs. :grumble:

• 3 weeks later...

MK VS. DC: It's alright, but I think I'll be returning this to GameFly pretty soon. I can't execute combos in this game for anything.

Guitar Hero World Tour: I like some things about this game, such as the live versions of songs (Hendrix~!) and drum fills giving you points, but I'm sticking with Rock Band. Rock Band has a stupidly larger (and higher quality) song library, and the notes are much easier to see on the screen.

Guitar Hero World Tour: I like some things about this game, such as the live versions of songs (Hendrix~!) and drum fills giving you points, but I'm sticking with Rock Band. Rock Band has a stupidly larger (and higher quality) song library, and the notes are much easier to see on the screen.

Strewth. World Tour has arguably better instruments, but the game itself is nowhere near as good as RB.

MK VS. DC: It's alright, but I think I'll be returning this to GameFly pretty soon. I can't execute combos in this game for anything.

It's basically all dial a combos. You rush out all the commands, and then wait a few seconds for the game to catch up and actually do the thing. One of the many reasons they need a new engine.

Oh, and my review is forthcoming!

Marvel vs. Capcom II on the X-Box, trying to unlock every character. It's usually a team of Ryu, Cable, and either Dhalsim or Omega Red for me.

I JUST finished the unlocking on my import copy. Something I noticed you can do is leave the game on training mode, then come back in a few hours, and you'll have a couple thousand points. Another way to speed up the process is turn both damage and difficulty on their highest level and go through that way. Damage makes the matches fly by, and the difficulty (which isn't that bad at all, really) gets you more points.

Batman (NES) - When I first played this as a kid, I didn't know you could switch weapons, and only went through with my fists, making an already hard game nearly impossible.

Castlevania (NES) - Love that soundtrack.

Mickey Mousecapade (NES) - Yeah, I don't care, this game is great.

Castlevania (NES) - Love that soundtrack.

That was a great game, but I could never get past the fucking grim reaper in the second to last stage. :grumble:

You need the axes. I had to go back to get them.

Still in NES mode.

River City Ransom - More depth than a game of its kind has any right to have.

Little Nemo: The Dream Master - Underrated classic.

Duck Tales - Capcom made such great Disney games it's not even funny.

Capcom Fighting Evolution (PS2) - Not great, but an interesting distraction.

I've also played about a half hour of SF4 today. It's SF2 projectile bullshit all over again. Not being able to parry on instinct is going to be a bitch getting used to and the whole Focus system seems more complex than it needs to be.

Looks like I'll probably be using either Abel or Balrog when the console version comes out, since my mains (Dudley and Dee Jay) are gone.