What games are you currently playing?

Mr. Keith

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://zarat.us/tra/offline-games/eversion.html

I could be completely wrong. Maybe you’ll hate it, and I can honestly say I’m only a few chapters in. But I like the way the gameplay changes in each world. Stick with it too, because it get’s a lot more inventive as it goes along. I’d also suggest not to read the comments on that page.

Finished Dead Space this weekend and loved it. What a fantastic end boss. I followed that up by trying to get a Fallout 3 game moving, but just can't seem to concentrate on it. It's so slow and dry at this point, I keep giving up after an hour. Last night was more of the same, so I threw in the Orange Box to try out Half Life 2 for the first time. Lots of fun. Might be a while before I'm back playing Fallout.

Guest DCAUFan1051
I've been noodling around on Spidey: Web of Shadows for a week or so now. 'Salright. It's not shaking my world to its very core, but it's a passable beat 'em up.

Is iot anything like Spidey: Friend or Foe Dan? I liked that game it was a great beatum up too!

So I finished Eversion.

The controls are horrible and there are way too many cheap deaths. The game pretty much completely ignores the manual "Evert" feature about halfway through. I also didn't like how you could only evert in very specific places.

All that said, I freaking loved it. From an artistic viewpoint, this is simply something that cannot be ignored. I had a feeling from the very first screen that something was up, but the way the game eases into it is a thing of genius. I actually went back through to get the "good" ending, and it was absolutely worth it.

It was completely fucked up, but you were right Aaron, I really liked it. I don't know what that says about me, exactly, but I'm glad I tried it.

I've been noodling around on Spidey: Web of Shadows for a week or so now. 'Salright. It's not shaking my world to its very core, but it's a passable beat 'em up.

Is iot anything like Spidey: Friend or Foe Dan? I liked that game it was a great beatum up too!

It's less kiddified than Friend or Foe. The story has a little more going for it and the gameplay is (somewhat) less basic.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Is it anything like Spidey: Friend or Foe Dan? I liked that game it was a great beatum up too!

It's less kiddified than Friend or Foe. The story has a little more going for it and the gameplay is (somewhat) less basic.

cool thanks for the info whenever I get a PS3 haveta check it out I liked Friend Or Foe because of the very simple controls but I didn't like that they left the game on a cliffhanger are they ever gonna make Friend Or Foe 2?

Finished Dead Space this weekend and loved it. What a fantastic end boss. I followed that up by trying to get a Fallout 3 game moving, but just can't seem to concentrate on it. It's so slow and dry at this point, I keep giving up after an hour. Last night was more of the same, so I threw in the Orange Box to try out Half Life 2 for the first time. Lots of fun. Might be a while before I'm back playing Fallout.

I’m playing Half Life 2 for the first time as well. I’ve had the Orange Box sitting on my shelf for over a year now, since I pretty much bought the thing to try out Portal. I’m really enjoying it so far, although I’m surprised by how much is spent in vehicles. Actually, my biggest gripe with the game is how vehicles control, since steering, accelerating and reversing are all done by the left stick. They could have mapped accelerating and reversing to the triggers, and it would have made things a lot easier.

It was completely fucked up, but you were right Aaron, I really liked it. I don't know what that says about me, exactly, but I'm glad I tried it.

Don’t look too much into it man. I just thought you’d like the weird twists it took.

This actually gives me new idea for a column.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished Symphony of the Night, completing my Castlevania playthrough. I might do it again with another series. I'm open to suggestions.

Been playing the TNA vs ROH No Mercy mod and some games for a future column.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm playing GTA: San Andreas on the PC I love the game I like just going through the world with rocket launchers getting a 6 star wanted level and blowing up helicopters MUH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

Finally finished Symphony of the Night, completing my Castlevania playthrough. I might do it again with another series. I'm open to suggestions.

Try Metroid and Mega Man.

If I do Metroid, it will only be the 2D games because I loathe Prime.

Mega Man I've done more times than I care to admit.