What games are you currently playing?

Mr. Keith

Last time I clocked in here I was playing Scarface the World is Yours and was trying to beat it before I started a new game. I never beat it. I got stuck because I don't have enough money to buy properties in the last area and was tired of drug running, it's really the most monotonous thing ever especially since I've been doing it all game the same fucking way. So I stopped, decided I'll come back and finish that game later.

I popped in the first game of the Sly Cooper trilogy maybe a week ago. I beat it last night. It was really fun, and it's a great platformer. The graphics are cel-shaded and beautiful. The cut-scenes work perfectly. The game doesn't really break any boundaries and tries to throw in some really stupid gimmicks or "super-secret thieving moves" and while I used most of the them at one time or another, I probably could have gotten by without a lot of them. The bosses are pretty fun and are pretty variable, the level design is absolutely great. It took me about 10 hours to beat, and yeah that's pretty short, but I don't expect action-platformers to go much longer than 15, maybe 20 hours. I enjoyed it, I'm glad I picked up the rest of the trilogy, the whole trilogy cost me around $20 (that's including shipping) from e-bay. This particular game cost me $5, I wouldn't have payed full $50 price tag for it, but I don't think I've payed that price tag since San Andreas came out.

Also last night I popped in Spider-man 2. The game really shows its age, especially with a lot of the characters looking really really ugly. But when you're spider-man just swinging around the city, it's pretty beautiful. I spend about 2 hours last night just swing around saving people. It's a blast, I tried to do a couple of challenges (I hope they're not all racing) and I couldn't stand it. I realize if there's one thing I hate in games, it's time trials.

After Spider-man 2, I'll probably try to finish up Scarface then head to Sly 2.

Still looking online for following cheap games: The Warriors, Psi-Ops, Simpsons Hit and Run, ICO, and maybe Silent Hill 2 and the two Prince of Persia sequels on the PS2.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051

Mega Man X on the SNES, and NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 for the PC. I found a excellent working copy of the latter game on eBay and got it. It had been a very long time since I played this but I'm slowly getting the hang of it again. Mega Man X is all because of a classic game review my buddy Mike "The Birdman" Dodd from This Week In Geek did. Mike's Classic Game Review Mega Man X

Just like my Castlevania run through, I'm going to now do a run of all the 2D console Mega Man games. Even though there are more games, it likely won't take me as long to finish as the last one.

Mega Man

Mega Man 2

Mega Man 3

Mega Man 4

Mega Man 5

Mega Man 6

Mega Man 7

Mega Man 8

Rockman and Bass (in place of Mega Man 9, since I don't have it)

Mega Man X

Mega Man X2

Mega Man X3

Mega Man X4

Mega Man X5

Mega Man X6

Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm switching between several games:

On The PC: NFS Hot Pursuit 2 & GTA: San Andreas

On The iPhone: MGSTouch, Let's Golf, Tetris, Baseball Superstars '09, and Pocket God <--- this is an awesome time waster.

On my FC Twin: Mega Man X, TMNT IV: Turtles in Time (which there aren't enough continues for)

DW: I love Mega Man X are the others worth me tracking down?

While working through our spare room my girlfriend found a box with a bunch of PSP games in it. That got me interested in playing Jeanne D’Arc again. It’s a shame it didn’t catch on, I know it’s pretty simple for an SRPG, but I’m still having a great time with it.

Downloaded Mega Man 2 last night. I’m still pretty new to the Mega Man series, but I thought I’d give this one a shot first since it’s the one everyone raves about. I’ve had fun with it so far.

I’ve also been playing a bunch of freeware games, just mucking about basically.

• 2 weeks later...

Pokemon Blue, on a plain old Gameboy thats so old that its info transfer cable slot is rusty. I have an Advance but all the fancy colours frighten and confuse me. I'm glad I exchanged my kestrel thingy for a Farfetch'd, its got this boosted points gain and a move called Body Slam that just destroyed everything. Almost my entire collection is about lvl 25 and Farfetch'd has caught up from 16 at an amazing speed. Now I just need to get them all another 10 levels so some of them can evolve again. Maybe I should get a plant or rock pokemon. I'm weak against rock because I dumped all the water powers into Jigglypuff, so to get through some areas I'm force feeding him potions.

Also I'm stuck in a cave with no light and can't remember the solution.

Can't remember for the life of me where to get the Flash HM. I may already have it. I must check when I get home!

Thanks. I couldn't remember if it was a skill or an item or what that lit up caves.

It's in route 2, I think the house that has the kid who will trade you for Mr. Mime. You just have to have caught like 10 pokemon. It's useless so put it on a pokemon you'll just use for the cave.

Pokemon Platinum

It's amazing how they manage to tweak little things here and there with each subsequent game that really make vast improvements to the gameplay. I'm desperately trying to find a Pokemon I can use to mate with my Eevee so I can create my unholy Eevee army, led by Leafeon. Platinum is the best Pokemon game yet.

Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure. It's fun and stuff but oh my god could you stop kicking me in the balls for just a few minutes.

Haven't played a game this challenging in a while. It's a shame because it has a ton of great ideas. I just wish boss health bars weren't so obscenely big. Some guys take orever to whittle down.