What games are you currently playing?

Mr. Keith

I played through Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2, and started up 3 (about 3 hours into it). Man did the difficulty ramp up exponentially on this one. It's just unbelievably fucking hard at points. Maybe it's the fact I don't have the excellent radar system. But man, I had such a hard time with this game that I put it on easy and restarted. I have yet to pull off a CQC move because the soldiers are so fucking alert, like 1000 times more than before. Anyways, I'm chugging through it, I think I'm just starting to get the hang of it (moving a lot slower, taking my time with it), but it's such a different game from the first and second.

Also been playing a ton of PS3 demos that I d/led from the PSN.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Batallion Wars 2: Wii.

After getting a second copy of the game, I played it for five minutes and the wiimote controls drove me nuts rendering the game unplayable.

Then, I put in the Wii Motion Plus, and the controls got a lot better and the game was really fun. It does have some stratgy elements, but it's really fun.

So, if you have the Motion Plus, get this, if you don't, it's missable as the controls get way too annoying, way too fast.

Batallion Wars 2: Wii.

After getting a second copy of the game, I played it for five minutes and the wiimote controls drove me nuts rendering the game unplayable.

Then, I put in the Wii Motion Plus, and the controls got a lot better and the game was really fun. It does have some stratgy elements, but it's really fun.

So, if you have the Motion Plus, get this, if you don't, it's missable as the controls get way too annoying, way too fast.

Waitwaitwait....

Motionplus came out years after BWii's release. So you're saying that MotionPlus actually retroactively improves normal Wii games? Sweet.

I can't even bring myself to play Assassin's Creed 2 anymore. It's just like the first one, and it assumes you played the first one. There is no tutorial at all for those like myself that can't remember how the fighting system works. Not to mention the story starts where the first ended so I was lost since I didn't beat the first one.

See, I thought it could have been fun, but it was missing something.

It's missing variety for one. Every mission is just a longer version of the one that came before it. All of the cities look exactly the same and you can just counterkill everyone, whether it's a Templar or just a regular guard.

I'm a lot more interested in the short Desmond segments than anything to do with Altair.

Jack's right about the early sections of AC2. They really just throw you into the thick of things, and it took me a long time to get a real grasp on the controls and story. But once it gets going it doesn't stop. I haven't played the first game, but it feels like they've gone out of their way to give you a ton of side content to do. I think I like the tombs the best, since they're all built around platforming. The game breaks up the main story missions really well too by making you to a bunch of stuff between each assassination.

It's right up there with Arkham Asylum as one of the best games I've played this year.

Had a lot of time to play games since I'm off work for 6 weeks (CA family bonding is awesome, so are newborns), so I've been playing through MGS3, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy X, Resident Evil Remake (Wii version), and Super Mario Bros Wii.

Currently in a speed run challenge with my sister in law on REmake.

I am LOVING Assassin's Creed II right now. Its much less formulaic than its predecessor and the fight system has enough give and take that simply countering everyone isn't enough to kill them anymore. Heavily armoured foes and guards with spears change the whole dynamic, as does your ability to disarm your opponent and use their own weapon against them. On top of that the environments change from big signature cities to small fort towns and countryside, giving you a lot of variety in missions. Plus all the cash you earn or steal goes towards pimping your villa and the town it is part of, you can fill it with paintings, statues and tonnes of different weapons and armour types that you use throughout the game. There are about 6-7 different mini-threads running through, from Desmond's side-quests examining ancient glyphs (leading to the only downside, the annoying art-based sub-games) to attempting to unlock the top grade armour set through the various tombs platformer-style. Best of all it retained the awesome free-running style of the original and added a few things.

Freaking great game, I'm really glad I got it. Good amount of playing time too, I've only just got to the new big city and I get the feeling there is a lot of playing time in it.

Just beat my first game on the PS3 - Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. I really enjoyed this series and every new edition is better than the last, they really improved that Clank sequences in this one, they added more RPG-lite elements with the upgrading of weapons, and the pacing of the game was never off or slow. I always enjoy these games.

Started Assassin's Creed II. Probably going to do a full review of it, so I'll limit my thoughts to this...

These glyphs are going to drive me insane.

I'm still waiting for your review on SD vs. Raw '10...is that scrapped?

Nope. It's finished, in fact. Look for it next month. ^_^

Started Assassin's Creed II. Probably going to do a full review of it, so I'll limit my thoughts to this...

These glyphs are going to drive me insane.

Yeah, that's the one thing where I'm probably just going to buy the game guide to help me out. Some of the art-games are insane, like the ones where you have to match a theme in 5 paintings out of ten, and it doesn't tell you which ones are right or even how many you got right or wrong. I haven't failed at one yet but there are really trying my patience.

I'm a bit of an obsessive compulsive when it comes to finite collection games and in that respect ACII is keeping me very busy. Systematically mapping out a whole city, buying up its viable goods and stealing all its treasure (by buying the maps from the art dealers) are always my first tasks ahead of storyline concerns. Aside from everything else it ensures that I'm always flush enough to buys every single new item that becomes available.

Got all the Glyphs and unlocked The Truth video.

My head hurts now.

Your head hurts NOW? Wait until the end!

Fistfight with the pope! Oh, and some stuff about gods and the sun or something.

After beating it, I feel like someone just hit me in the face with a Dan Brown novel.