What games are you currently playing?

Mr. Keith

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got all the Glyphs and unlocked The Truth video.

My head hurts now.

Your head hurts NOW? Wait until the end!

Fistfight with the pope! Oh, and some stuff about gods and the sun or something.

After beating it, I feel like someone just hit me in the face with a Dan Brown novel.

That is exactly what the storyline is really. Fortunately the gameplay makes up for the Brownosity of the plot.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Super Metroid

New Super Mario Bros Wii

Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside story

And a bit of Sly 2

It's been a pretty Nintendo heavy week. I'll probably finish Super Metroid first, but playing NSMBW with a few friends has to be some of the most fun I've ever had playing a game.

Playing Silent Hill: Homecoming for the very first time.

A few hours in and holy fuck is there way too much combat. You can barely take five steps before something else attacks you and the fancy combo moves are just about worthless.

Also, unless something later on justifies it (which I'm doubting), there is absolutely no reason for Pyramid Head or the nurses to be in this game.

On the DS:

Zelda: Spirit Tracks

All on the PS3:

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Uncaged Edition

I just realized that all of those games have colons in the title. Huh.

Zelda is really nice. Not amazing, but very very well-made, and just fun. It may be the most adorable game in existence.

Batman is AWESOME, Marvel went straight back to Gamestop after two days, Uncharted is GREAT, and Wolverine is a lot of fun.

Playing Silent Hill: Homecoming for the very first time.

A few hours in and holy fuck is there way too much combat. You can barely take five steps before something else attacks you and the fancy combo moves are just about worthless.

Also, unless something later on justifies it (which I'm doubting), there is absolutely no reason for Pyramid Head or the nurses to be in this game.

That was one of the big reasons why I completely avoided that game. It was like the other studio decided that "hey, Pyramid Head is cool, so are fugly nurses...we can kinda ride SH2's coattails..."

Pissed me off. That and having this guy have a reason for a lot of combat and skills in combat by having him be a soldier or somesuch...I just hate it.

I'm a completest, so I had to beat it simply for the sake of it being a Silent Hill game.

The fighting pretty much never stops, but I didn't mind Pyramid Head and the nurses as much at the end because they do a decent enough job justifying it later on. I'm still trying to decide if I love or hate the story, though the bosses were very appropriate in retrospect.

My SH list ranking looks like this now. Haven't played Shattered Memories yet.

The Room

Origins

Homecoming

I'm a completest, so I had to beat it simply for the sake of it being a Silent Hill game.

The fighting pretty much never stops, but I didn't mind Pyramid Head and the nurses as much at the end because they do a decent enough job justifying it later on. I'm still trying to decide if I love or hate the story, though the bosses were very appropriate in retrospect.

My SH list ranking looks like this now. Haven't played Shattered Memories yet.

The Room

Origins

Homecoming

Shattered Memories is strange. I liked a lot of what the game did, especially the visual style, but it was a weird kind of remake/reinterpretation. The focus seemed to have changed a lot, but in a good way.