What games are you currently playing?

Mr. Keith

Today marks the culmination of about five years of work on Oblivion.

I've become the Listener of the Dark Brotherhood, Guildmaster of the Thieves Guild, and have about a dozen safehouses. I've also found a way to get 99% chameleon, which means I'm pretty much invisible. Now I can basically steal and kill whoever I want without consequence. I'm playing an evil character, and my goal was to kill every NPC in the game.

I'm almost there.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just completed Battalion Wars 2 on Wii. I had to use motion plus to actually play the fucker. The last level was fucking piss, they gave me a tank that could kill anything. The game was fun while it lasted, which is 4 campaigns and about 6 hours, so for £5, I'm happy.

Also, after the cut-scene played, I realised I had just finished the game I was using to take my mind off of my project. Fuck!

I've been playing Super Street Fighter IV for three hours and I've already decided it's the greatest human invention since breathing.

I didn't even know it came out today until I saw it in the store.

I am getting a major nostalgia high off of Pokemon Soul Silver. The original was my favorite game in the series and this one is not disappointing me at all.

So... apparently I can't play SSFIV online. At all.

My wireless connection is as strong as it can possibly be. I played hundreds of online matches with the original SF4. But with SSFIV, I can't even join a game. If I do, by some stretch of luck, I'll get about five seconds into the match before everything slows to a crawl.

This problem started happening with the original SF4, ever since they sent me my new console, in fact.

So I'm sitting here with probably with my favourite game of the past ten years and I can't use one of the main features of it. I'm beyond frustrated right now.

Yeah. I'm going to quit messing with it for a bit.

This is going to be one of those things where I devote a weekend to figuring out the problem, then in the end it winds up being something really simple.

Have you taken the lords name in vein yet?

I imagine that would be quite painful.

Is there anyway you can access your internet connection to your 360 with an ethernet cable?

Tis what I did. Brought myself a 30ft cable because the TV and modem were so far apart. A few months later we moved house and I no longer needed it. Still, it's a lot cheaper and probably faster than using the wireless adapter.

• 2 weeks later...

The Halo Reach beta. (at a friend's house; I don't own a 360)

Damn; this game is good. I've never been a huge fan of Halo in the past (too much running around in multiplayer trying to find the best gun), but this one is just good. The addition of multiplayer loadouts (sorta like a simplified version of the CoD system) really adds a lot, and makes teamwork much easier.

Something about the way the game is balanced seems to be much better than before. In the multiplayer for Halo 1-3, the individual player didn't have much of any effect on the overall game, but now, with the addition of the new (somewhat limited) special abilities in each loadout (jetpack, sprint, camo, and shield), it really feels like each person in every game has the ability to turn the tide for his/her team.

Example: last night, I was playing CTF with two of my friends. We each had different abilities (they had jetpack and sprint, I had camo), and assaulted the enemy flag room together. My jetpack guy landed right in front of the door and caught the entire enemy team by surprise, while the sprinter ran alongside him from the ground. The two of them managed to move through the room like a wave, clearing it so that I could sneak behind them (while invisible) to snatch the flag. (random note: the flag now has a one-hit kill melee attack. FUN. :)) We managed to use our different strengths to their fullest, and safely got the flag home in plenty of time.

That one match has now convinced me that Halo is now, finally, awesome.

My goodness Reach is amazing. Halo 3 wasn't this good in the beta stage. Some things need definite tweaking, but this a worth finale to BUNGIE's current run of Halo games.

Sword Base is awesome for everything, Powerhouse can grate with objective games. It's much funner to play slayer types rather than objective as compared to Sword Base.

Batman Arkham Asylum- Cool game I got through rental. Its fun but a little linear to justify buying outright for myself. I'll probably finish it by Sunday and mail it back, I'm currently in the mansion hunting for Dr Young's notes. taken down all the bad guys and I'm a little unsure where to go next. Oh well, I've got exams on Friday and Saturday so I'm not going to get to find out yet.

Finished Arkham Asylum. I'm a little disappointed that the boss elements became so stick and move, the best part of the game were just silently taking out armed guards and yet I only got the great upgrades to really make that interesting quite late. Got the rental until monday now, so I'll have fun with it until then.