What games are you currently playing?

Mr. Keith

Finished Arkham Asylum. I'm a little disappointed that the boss elements became so stick and move, the best part of the game were just silently taking out armed guards and yet I only got the great upgrades to really make that interesting quite late. Got the rental until monday now, so I'll have fun with it until then.

The main issue, besides the shit final boss, for me was all the running about you had to do. For the firs half hour it's fun, but when you need to do it for the seventeenth time, it gets dull.

I'm playing Fable 2 GOTY edition. Which basically means, it was the same price as the regular one, so I might as well go for the one with added shit.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave up during the Harley stage with the electrified floor. The controls just aren't very good for running and jumping up and down levels while fighting. I kept dying because Batman, one the best athletes in the world, refused to jump over a fence to the next level even though the floor is killing him.

F.E.A.R. recently arrived on Steam for ten bucks, (also includes the Vivendi timeline expansions, great deal.). I really wish more people knew about this game, it is just so :shutyomouth: good! The gameplay is fantastic and the story is great aswell, it is presented wonderfully and has a very cinematic feel to it. The only weak point would probably multiplayer, but played very little so I don't think I can speak for it.

Fear is pretty swell. I've thought about picking up the sequel a few times, but never got around to it.

Without a podcast as an outlet, I might as well blabber on here:

Alan Wake has been pretty great so far. It's not the polished, crazily experimental game people where hoping for, but I've enjoyed it. The guys at Remedy clearly have a sense of humour, which makes the horror a lot more weird than outright scary. I could probably watch the nonsensical live action T.V. shows all day. My biggest problem with it so far is the facial animations, they're awful.

I've got the sequel to Sin and Punishment arriving in the mail in the next couple of weeks, so in the mean time I thought I'd try the original. It's insane. I love it.

Rocket Knight, the long awaited sequel to the Rocket Knight Adventures/Sparkster games hit XBL, Steam and PSN a few weeks back. It's not as crazy or experimental as I would have liked it to be, but it's a solid platformer. Could have been a bit longer though.

I'm playing two games right now. Red Dead Redemption and Heavy Rain. RDR is a great open world game with awesome online play. Heavy Rain is a different experience than I've ever seen in a game. I can't wait to see where the story goes. The controls are pretty clunky though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Green Day Rock Band - I finally got to play some tonight. Overall, I had fun. It's cool to play so many songs I listened to ad nauseum in high school in the 90's. The drum parts are very similar in many songs, and the solos I've played are either ridiculously easy, or fucking impossible. I'm still pissed off that they included so few songs from Insomniac, Nimrod and Warning, too.