What games are you currently playing?

Mr. Keith

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shadows of the Damned - Okay. To me, this feels like Shinji Mikami had a solid engine, with some interesting, if not entirely well executed dynamics. Akira Yamaoka comes in, gives the whole thing a bitchin' soundtrack.

Then Suda 51 shows up and goes "you know what this is missing? Dick jokes."

Spent the weekend playing CoD Black Ops as it was double points and 24/7 Nuketown. Amazingly, after 10+ hours of game play my skills have increased from 'cannon fodder' to 'moving target' hahaha. But seriously, Amazing how much more fun a game is when you no longer totally suck!

After getting a PC version of Arkham Asylum as a late birthday present, I've had to install a new graphics card and buy a 360 controller for the game. So nearly 2 weeks after receiving the game, I'm finally playing the damn thing! It's slower and not as graphically refined as the 360 version (although that may be down to my computer), but I still bloody love this game!

• 2 weeks later...

Mass Effect, I love you and all, but the Mako makes me want to kill myself. Oh wait, on at least three occasions in the last two hours, it did that for me.

Mass Effect 2 does away with the Mako. Thank Christ.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tekken 6. Whilst this game might be a a few years old and it's the first time I've played it, I still consider myself a pretty damn big Tekken fan. I've completed the campaign story mode for every character ever added to game, I've unlocked just about everything there is to unlock. I really do like Tekken a lot, and the best part is going through the characters and following their individual storylines.

What the fuck? Story mode is now the awful auxiliary scrolling beat em up mode that I HATED in previous games? The fucking tournament itself is missing? You're stuck playing these shit new characters who play like generic shit fighters? Half the game mechanics are different so that I feel like I'm playing Marshal Law underwater or something? Seriously? WHAT THE FUCK? Am I missing something here? Why is this game so highly rated??!

edit: Calmed down. Gave it ten minutes. Opened the game again. Played for about 30 seconds before completely losing my rag and shutting the console off again. Either I have severe anger issues or this is a bullshit game. I say both.

I've never EVER liked Tekken, despite years of trying. Way too much of a reliance on dial-a-combos and juggling. The horrible thing is that I'm captivated by the story and the character design, which has forced me to give each successive iteration a chance.

At the end of 6, you fight a dragon dinosaur or some shit. It's become a parody of itself.

I've never EVER liked Tekken, despite years of trying. Way too much of a reliance on dial-a-combos and juggling. The horrible thing is that I'm captivated by the story and the character design, which has forced me to give each successive iteration a chance.

At the end of 6, you fight a dragon dinosaur or some shit. It's become a parody of itself.

Hey I get that it's not everyone's cup of tea, and I know the storylines are crap, but as someone who really enjoyed it and understood the mechanics of each character, the special attacks, the incorporation of 3 dimensional movement (which Tekken 5 REMOVED) etc for me to find the game damn near unplayable is complete bullshit. I'm gonna go dig out my PS2 and play Tekken 4. Great environments, nice new characters and brilliant use of spatial relationships to modulate how attacks worked. All fucking GONE now. As is the good Tournament story mode.

I actually checked online to find out if I was missing something, but no, the new story mode is highly disliked by many. It's like if Half Life suddenly decided the main game would be nothing but a 3rd person platformer but you still got the FPS stuff, it was just short unconnected levels without any storyline. Utter BS.