Episode 26: Daredevil

RSS

Create the ultimate cast  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Take Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner, add in Colin Farrell and Michael Clarke Duncan, and top it all off with red leather and dodgy special effects. Mix, edit, chop, and edit once more. What do you get? The less-than-stellar Daredevil. Plus, Shana and Mike finally reveal what movie they'll be covering next time, for their First Anniversary Gala. [ 1:29:32 || 43.4 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/forbetterorworse/episodes/forbetterorworse_026.mp3

When you guys mentioned last time that you'd be covering a movie "everyone loves," my immediate thought was "Star Wars. Wait, no... The Princess Bride. It

has to be The Princess Bride. EVERYONE loves that movie." Coincidentally, when I listened to this episode and my suspicions were confirmed, my mother was watching The Princess Bride in the other room.

I'll echo Ian's remarks about the director's cut wholeheartedly. I've never been able to get through the theatrical version of Daredevil, but I watched the Director's Cut and really enjoyed it. It still had problems (friggin' playground dance fight), but on the whole it was a nice cohesive movie with a some really great stuff in it.

I think Elektra doesn't know Matt is Daredevil until she takes of his mask, hence her surprise. That might make her pretty dumb, since she's dating a super powered blind guy and thinks that unrelated to her situation, but there it is.

DD is a collection of awesome moments from the comics stripped of almost all context.