The Master

The assault on video games

Also:

If you think Missile Command, Space Invaders, Farmville and Sonic the Hedgehog promote "right wing" themes, you are either completely hysterical or so far up your own nose you are drowning in your own arrogance.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/12/video-games-fuel-rise-far-right-violent-misogynist

This isn't an assault on gaming specifically, but a violation of the First Amendment nonetheless.

https://reason.com/archives/2018/03/24/it-shouldnt-be-illegal-for-rec

On 3/15/2018 at 10:28 AM, S-T said:

A few miles west in Cobb County, Georgia, code enforcers actually cited the popular gaming vlogger Justin Chandler for earning a living as a "professional YouTuber." With the nom du jeu "KOSDFF," Chandler currently has over a million subscribers to his channel. But by uploading gaming videos and making money from content produced at home, the county claimed he was operating an unlicensed residential business. His income doesn't even involve seeing clients at his house, but to avoid further legal trouble, he handed over $470 for a license.

I still don't know how to put text in "quote" tags with the updated forum software, so I am not actually quoting my own post above. I just don't know how else to do it.

On 4/2/2018 at 2:38 AM, JackFetch said:

Wouldn't they need to get a business license for anyone that sells on ebay also? 

Possibly. The greed of some politicians and bureaucrats knows no end.

Of course.

I've been playing video games for 35 years, dating back to the old Atari 2600. I can separate video games from reality. Most humans can.

In other news, I have figured out how to blockquote again.

Which is the same method as in 2004. I'm a little slow sometimes. 😂

Reason does go into the history of things being seedy, but using video games as a scapegoat for that is absurd.