The Worst Song Ever

Dan

Dee'ree - Life. The 90s at its very worst.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQsOXnZsOTg

This song has topped a poll of the songs with the worst lyrics ever.

Personal highlight:

"I don't want to see a ghost

It's a sight that I fear most
I'd rather have a piece of toast
And watch the evening news"

Gimmie gimme gimme by ABBA

Strike one, its ABBA

Strike two, its shitty ABBA

Strike three, its the theme of a really shitty sitcom

I'm going to counter that I fucking love the opening instrumentals of that song.

When it comes to this kinda thing, there are so many questions to ask. Is Rockstar, a song that had a heavy amount of production work put into it on the same depth of suck as Rebecca Black's Friday? Does a song with little redeeming value as Who Let The Dogs out rank another like Party Rock Anthem after it's had time to leave the common consciousness? If an artist has a body of work filled with shit and then produces something that stinks worse like Party in the USA, do they stand worse than someone who has done so many seminal classics and happens to lay a stinker like Bob Dylan with Wiggle Wiggle? Does any of this matter in a world where this exists:

Or this:

"Take the Long Way Home" by Supertramp. The band is an absolute shitpile, and I swear this song was one of only 12 records the local classic rock station owned as I was growing up. It's so fucking terrible and cheesy and godawful and I am seriously getting angry just thinking about it.

Rockstar by Nickelback, it's every shitty thing gabout modern rock rolled into one song; chords a chimp could play, idiotic banal subject matter about awesome fame is and Chad Kroeger.

I was told that during the Chicago teacher strikes, one teacher had a picketing sign saying the head of the school board listened to Nickelback. Supposedly they went on record saying that they do not listen to Nickelback.

For my pick, come up with a list of all the songs recorded by the Black Eyed Peas over the past 8 years or so and then throw a dart at it. Then cut your palm and bleed heavily on it. Light it on fire and consume the ashes by moonlight.

I'm hoping this will erase them from existence.

I think there's two strong candidates from the BEP's that need forefronting-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdAj-dBNCi4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwQZQygg3Lk

Say what you like about My Humps or I Gotta Feeling, they weren't quite the cultural sinkhole that their output even a year later was.

Say what you like about My Humps or I Gotta Feeling, they weren't quite the cultural sinkhole that their output even a year later was.

Disagree - My Humps is one of the most wretched things in existence. Will.i.am as much as admitted it took him about 20 seconds to write and he has made millions of it.

Life isn't fair.

I'll see your BrokeNCYDE and raise you the shittiest band Victory Records has ever signed (which is saying an absolute FUCKTON), Design the Skyline:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViSZI6UJEUQ

Fun fact: the Youtube video for the announcement that Victory signed these talentless scene kids currently has about 800 thumbs-ups and almost 10,000 thumbs-downs.