Sign in to follow this  
RSS

The Little Black Bag

One host loves CM Kornbluth's story "The Little Black Bag." The other most decidedly does not. Words are exchanged. Also, remember Night Gallery? That show was awesome. [ 40:07 || 19.5 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/bookswithoutpictures/episodes/bookswithoutpictures_008.mp3

Svengoolie is indeed from Chicago. In fact, his "Berwyn" gags were big with my fellow high school geeks, because we were all from the area and attended school there.

Whenever I go to visit Chicago my first order of business is to find someone who knows about Svengoolie. The closest I ever got was a comic book store where the clerk said "Berwyn."

Do you remember the name of the comic store you visited? I ask, because the one I used to shop at was in Berwyn, and the owner is friends with Rich Koz (Svengoolie).

Berwyn isn't anything special, but the jokes come from its very Eastern European (RE: Polish, East Germany, Czechoslovakian) roots.

During my junior year I had to make an all original Museum Gallery. I decided to do a gallery on Horror hosts. Svengoolie (mostly because of Son of Svengoolie) was really fun to research. One of the sources of information that I used was the documentary "American Scary." Where the original Svengoolie was interviewed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emy1iWIrSTA

I could not find the section I wanted, but in one segment he says he had interviewed Presidents, Kings and all of the Beatles but did not have as much fun as he did when he was Svengoolie.