Episode 23: Transformers - Dark of the Moon

RSS

It's Dark of the Moon

Most confusing film so far

Michael Bay should stop

James and Dubs are done

No more stupid Transformers

Longest show ever [ 3:36:58 || 115.0 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/tranquiltirades/episodes/tranquiltirades_023.mp3

Ken Jeong is great in community, but he does have the capacity to be awful.

Does this movie hold the record for most blatant plot holes ever? I realise that it's mostly generated by the fact that the second movie is so flawed that the continuity was completely shot, but it's like Michael Bay watched Rocky V, noticed that Rocky's son is 8 years older when he gets back than when Rocky left for Russia in Rocky IV, and then tried to make a movie that did that in every scene.

Although nothing is going to match up to the continuity error in Transformers 4. You know that one where Mikaela goes from this-

b_megan_fox_sexy_white_prom_dress_transf

to this-

841348_15U32444W24UOX2IDAFK1TYHXI4Q3F_me

Whilst Sam Witwicky goes from this-

enhanced-buzz-17358-1363269553-3.jpg?ito

to this-

7621807208_cdd664357d.jpg

Maybe she gets back together with him not realising it's the same person? "Hey I used to date a Sam Witwicky, he was the human messiah of the transformers as well, small world".

Also, this film is based around the idea that they landed on the moon to go and pick up this thing right? The distance from Tranquillity Base where they landed to the closest part of the dark side is going to be several thousand miles. Even if they had a lunar rover with them (which they didn't) those only had a range of 57 miles.

• 2 weeks later...

I was dreading the scene with him talking to his parents and his mom saying he must be well endowed to get such attractive girlfriends.

I had seen a couple reviews that spent a lot of time complaining about that scene. After it only lasted a couple seconds, I thought "well, that wasn't as bad as I expected."

It's pretty bad when the best thing I can say abut a movie is "that wasn't as bad as I expected."