Gotham

dc20willsave

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You had me at Morena because I was already hoping the rest of that sentence would be Baccarin.

Although to be honest the only thing I recall Leslie Thompkins ever doing was pretending to murder/not save Stephanie Brown aka spoiler in an attempt to...piss off Batman? What was the point of that story?!

edit- Looked it up, apparently she wanted to point out how irresponsible it was for Batman to use teen sidekicks. Wait what? That's kind of a baby/bathwater situation.

Let's not ever speak of War Crimes...or War Games for that matter.

I think the show is on the cusp of reaching its potential. The last two episodes I found greatly entertaining, but it needs to develop faster and go somewhere. I actually routinely love every scene Bruce and Alfred are in. Bruce is the character, along with Bullock, I feel they've nailed the closest.

• 3 weeks later...

So, as the one Tommy Elliot/Hush fan alive today, I have to say, while I appreicated his appearance, the fact that he's introduced as Bruce's bully bothered me. That said, it did lead to what is now one of my favorite Alfred moments ever.

"He tried to kill me!"

"He did. Remember that. And remember that I let him try."

Really? I've been really defensive of this show, since day one, but I thought last night's episode was trash. The whole Bruce/Selina thing is awful and they're just ruining Harvey Dent from the starting line.

I'll agree that their take on Harvey Dent, whether it was the writing or acting, came off kind of lousy. That's why Dent should be nowhere near this series. But I genuinely liked the Bruce/Selina stuff. It was fun.

• 1 month later...

I missed a lot of this show, but got caught up with it this week. For the most part, I like it quite a bit, When it's being a cop show, it;s a REALLY FUCKING GOOD cop show. The police/gang stuff is stellar.

What I could do without, honestly, is the Batman stuff. Bruce could disappear entirely and it would only improve things, and Ive had it with "Enough of your riddles, Edward Nygma!" That's going to happen in a prequel and you can't get away from it, but it really detracts from an otherwise terrific show.

The problem is that Alfred is fine, but they need to stop finding ways to involve Bruce and him every week. They're walking that line between killer of the week and cohesive overarching world and it means you never know quite what sort of episode you're going to get. To me this show is about Gordon and Penguin, and everything else is ancillary and doesn't need to be much more than supporting cast. As soon as they strip the show down to those parts it'll work far better.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...