Sign in to follow this  
Koete

Godzilla

Woof.

OSC5OHsLmqwkmo5piBCsAciYo1_400.gif

Personally, I have no opinions as I've not seen it, and I probably won't bother until it's out on DVD

It's like you have no dedication to being the site's superhero correspondent.

"Comic Book Movie" correspondent. And my film budget is going on the next X-Men movie, since you ask.

And while Godzilla has inspired comics, it is not based on one. If we go off of works that inspired, then Ian needs to cover Captain Planet also.

I no longer have a film budget as I am on strike and I am fucking choked I spent it on Godzilla instead of X-Men DOFP

I will say that it's not the well-thought out approach to a seemingly daft idea that Rise of the Planet of the Apes was. It's also disappointingly light on Cranston and heavy on Tyler-Johnson, whose character and family I gave no fucks about.

I am excited about a sequel, but hope it focuses on a different set people and learns from some of the mistakes of this one. Not bad a directorial debut, though.

I would hope a sequel would actually focus on Godzilla, but I'm not sure I care because I won't be paying to see it.

So, for those of you wondering whether to see this or X-Men, go see X-Men. This was a pretty decent movie and it's totally worth watching, but it's not anywhere near X-Men's level.

Question: How does one almost fall asleep during a loud-as-fuck, building-toppling movie with Godzilla?

Answer: Have Gareth Edwards direct it.

The review won't be out until NEXT week's episode of Dread Media, but there is a great moment in the review where Darryll says "but enough about what we didn't like about the movie," and I counter with "no, I'm not done."

I loved this movie. Unlike some movies I have sat through recently (I'm looking at YOU Amazing Spider-Man 2) I was not bored or fidgety once.

It has made me want to go and track down all previous Godzilla movie and watch them.

Liked it a lot but wouldn't say I loved it. Some great moments hampered by pacing and plot contrivance issues.

You could have completely cut out the part with the boy losing his parents on the train and nothing would have been lost. There are a lot of little scenes like that.

It's almost a case of treating the creature with too much respect, to the point of being terrified of having it on screen for too long.

Pretty much in agreement. I also wish Ken Watanabe's character was more than just "stand by looking aghast". But overall, I enjoyed it. Godzilla, when he was actually on screen, was thoroughly awesome.

Saw it tonight, very much enjoyed it especially the halo drop and

Godzilla shooting his blue-fire mouth laser down mummy stick-insect's throat

Totally wanted this to come at the end though:

http://youtu.be/m17JloW4R0w

Pretty much in agreement. I also wish Ken Watanabe's character was more than just "stand by looking aghast". But overall, I enjoyed it. Godzilla, when he was actually on screen, was thoroughly awesome.

I am glad that of all the characters from the original movie to come back, Dr. Serizawa made a return. I was told in the original draft he was supposed to only be seen at night and live in abandoned houses. Although I am glad they changed his character in subsequent drafts (Or else he probably would have come back as a vampire), I still look up to him from time to time. Whenever I have to work nights I always feel alienated and pretend like I am him to keep from going insane.

The reboot did a good job of his character, he may not be as eccentric but there was still something off about him at all times.

I would never have thought of using Claude Debussy for a kaiju movie. I used to love that song. Then in 2008 it was dubbed "the Twilight Song."

Godzilla  took back what Twilight stole from me. 

I dug Kong: Skull Island, a lot. This looks like a proper war of the monsters. I’m down. 

On 7/21/2018 at 7:50 PM, dc20willsave said:

I marked when Mothra appeared. If they can include Mothra's little girls in there, then I'll be over the moon.

Same here. When she unfurled her wings, I marked hard.