NBC announces Bionic Woman remake

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
As for the new pickups, "The Bionic Woman," from exec producers David Eick, Glen Morgan, Jason Smilovic and Michael Dinner, stars Michelle Ryan as a woman remade into a techno wonder (on a show itself remade from a 1970s hit). NBC Universal TV Studio produces.

Josh Schwartz is behind "Chuck," a spy comedy/drama that stars Zachary Levi as a regular guy who accidentally learns government secrets. Warner Bros. TV produces; Schwartz and McG exec produce.

"Journeyman," from 20th Century Fox TV, centers on a man (Kevin McKidd) who travels through time to right wrongs. Kevin Falls and Alex Graves exec produce.

"Life" stars Damian Lewis as a wrongly imprisoned cop who decides to take his old job after he's released from prison. NBC Universal TV Studio is behind the show, exec produced by Rand Ravich and Far Shariat.

I'm confused on how all this works. These were all picked up before, and they got picked up again? Or maybe they got to the next round? Hollywood is weird.

Journeyman sounds like Quantum Leap meets Voyagers!. Anyone remember that show or are you all too young?

• 2 weeks later...
The preview looked like crap. :zzz:

I wouldn't say that. It was a scene snippet that looked competently made and basically gave you the gist of the story.

I was impressed but not blown away. Crap is a little harsh :happy:

I still don't think it'll make it past episode....let's say 8.

Maybe we saw different clips. What I saw was about five minutes long, and featured a lot of scenes. Crappy scenes. :P

Well there you go. I saw about 12 seconds of her waking up in the hospital, kicking the shit out of her boyfriend and jumping out the window and running away. That was kind of a cool scene.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Variety reports that Glen Morgan, best known for his work on "The X-Files," is departing NBC's new show, "Bionic Woman," effective immediately. The trade says "creative differences" are the cause of the departure.

David Eick remains in place as showrunner and will assume all responsibility for day-to-day production of the series, working with executive producer Jason Smilovic.

NBC issued a statement thanking Morgan for his contributions to establishing a template for "Bionic" and said it was looking forward to the show debuting later this month as scheduled.

Variety adds that insiders believe it's possible the show--which is now in production on its fifth episode--might take a break for a while in order to give the writers a chance to focus on refining the show's directions. "Grey's Anatomy" and "Brothers & Sisters" did the same thing and ended up becoming big hits.

This thing is going to be a train wreck.

Also:

Crystal Lowe (Black Christmas) has joined the cast of NBC's "The Bionic Woman" as the title character's best friend. She is currently filming a supporting role in Lifetime telepic "The Secret Society." Her credits include Wrong Turn 2 and "Psych."

• 3 weeks later...

The show was okay, but I had a few problems with it. First if the original bionic woman was sent to kill the scientist why didn't she see if he was dead after she rammed his car with a truck? Then when she tried to kill him with the sniper rifle she hit his shoulder? She' cybernetically enhanced that first bullet should have been a killshot. Then when the two bionic women were fighting on the roof it ended basically in a draw. Which dosen't make any sense. The first bionic woman was a solider, has almost all of her body enhanced and has three years experience using it. She should have wrecked the new girl who just started using her abilities and still has one normal arm. Honestly she shouldn't have been able to land a punch.

Well that bored me to tears. Everything you said, Holacik, I agree with completely... and more.

Well at least the Doctor was actually killed. I'm not sure why I bothered watching the second episode, I really dislike the charcater. I don't get why after she found out he had been keeping tabs on her, why she would all of the sudden want to sleep with some guy she didn't even know at bar bathroom. Then the whole 'sure I'll save the world as long as it dosen't conflict with my schedule' crap she said to the boss when she joined, came off really selfish. Honestly the Sarah(the first Bionic woman) seems far more interesting and might be the only reason I keep watching until it gets cancelled.

Jason Katims is now the man in charge of the writers’ room at “Bionic Woman,” according to a knowledgeable source deep inside NBC Universal.

“As of right now, the show is being entirely run by Katims,” the insider tells Ain’t It Cool. “Make of that what you will.”

Big-deal writer-producers Glen Morgan, Laeta Kalogridis and Jason Smilovic are all apparently no longer actively involved with the show creatively.

Kalogridis (“Alexander,” “Battle Angel”), who wrote the original pilot script for the “Bionic” remake, has not been actively involved creatively with the series since the pilot, according to the insider, who also noted Kalogridis’ pilot was rewritten by an uncredited Jason Smilovic (“Karen Sisco,” “Kidnapped”).

NBC announced Sept. 6 that Morgan (“The X-Files,” “Willard,” the “Final Destination” series) had left “Bionic.” Insiders cited “creative differences.”

Smilovic apparently left “Bionic” last month, around the time Katims came aboard.

“Originally, Smilovic was supposed to showrun Bionic for a 12-week period, to help it get off the ground, with the possibility that he'd stay on longer if the show was doing well,” said the insider. “However, when people started getting fired and Jason Katims was brought on, Smilovic left after the 12-week period ended.”

Katims’ name did not appear in the credits of the first two “Bionic” episodes NBC aired, and it’s unclear with which episode Katims began steering the show’s scripting.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34394

I don't know what's going on over there.

Hmm, I honestly thought this ep was pretty good, but that might be because it was mostly centered around Sara and I really like her character and I'll have to disagree with your earlier assement Jack as I think Sackhoff(Sp?) is pretty good in the role. The Dialouge still needs work though.

Hmm, I honestly thought this ep was pretty good, but that might be because it was mostly centered around Sara and I really like her character and I'll have to disagree with your earlier assement Jack as I think Sackhoff(Sp?) is pretty good in the role. The Dialouge still needs work though.

I've still only seen the pilot, and she was horrible in it. Even with the bad writing, she still overacts.

I've still only seen the pilot, and she was horrible in it. Even with the bad writing, she still overacts.

It's that roof scene, it's just all kinds of messed up. Check out the third ep(you can pretty much skip the second) the entire show picks up. Plus I'll take overacting to a lead that has a hard time keeping on a straight face.