Countdown #24

Missy

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

Countdown #24 was released last week and had a huge spoiler in it. Use this thread, and only this thread, to discuss the issue.

Alright, so Superman-Prime's in Countdown. Now, I'm not so much angry that he's appearing before the end of Sinestro Corps War. More I'm pissed that he's still alive. He's the most one dimensional character I've seen in a long time. I mean, all he does is whine about his earth, cry about his long obliterated girlfriend, and kill a bunch of heroes for no reason. And now he's doing the same crap again in Countdown. When I first saw the Black Costume Superman, I though he was going to be along the lines of Justice Lords, not a jackass. If he's the guy killing all the New Gods, I'll be sorely disappointed.

What I want to know is why DC revealed this before Sinestro Corps War ended. Was this due to a scheduling conflict (RE: delayed comics) or poor planning?

I'd also like to know why spoiler-filled preview pages were posted on Newsarama a week before Countdown #24 shipped.

Three options spring to mind:

01. It was an oversight.

02. They believed the hype would be worth the backlash.

03. They thought readers wouldn't figure it out from the preview pages.

Considering it's obviously Superboyman-Prime, number three goes out the window. So does the first option, because I simply can't believe DC would let something that big slip by accident. Thus leaving "hype outweighs Internet furor."