The Music Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, Luke and I are probably the only big HIM fans in here.

"Big" is a subjective term but I thought Love Metal was one of the best albums of 02 (or 03?) and they are one of the greatest live bands I have ever seen (out of something like 700 bands). Fucking great live band.

I love HIM. But, I have a confession I prefer Uneasy Listening Vol. 1 better than Love Metal and Greatest Love Songs Vol. 666 combined. It has an acoustic version of The Funeral of Hearts and Please Don't Let It Go ( I have a thing for acoustic guitars)

And Dread I have a bone to pick with you. First you see Alexisonfire, then you solid gold guitar shaped pool filled with whiskey (even though I'm not old enough to drink), you live in Canada which is a way better place than America, And you saw HIM live.

Bastard

Correction: I saw HIM live in Edinburgh, Scotland. And yes, I am a bastard.

Muhahahaha

In the competition to annoy The Joker's Groupie I've seen HIM four times, one of them at Wembley supporting Metallica. First time I saw them they were supported by Anathema, which was an awesome surprise.

Anyway, right now I'm listening to Paradise Lost for the first time, right after listening to a Finnish band called Korpiklaani, who play an insane type of folk metal.

The Eternal Sonata soundtrack--about as close to perfect as a video game soundtrack can come.

The Devil may Cry 4 sound track keeps poping up my zen, also some early Offspring and Foo Fighters at hyde park and Color and the shape.

pshhhhhhhh the kingdom hearts is way better (which helps me go to sleep at night when I eat late :happy: )

The Eternal Sonata soundtrack--about as close to perfect as a video game soundtrack can come.

The Devil may Cry 4 sound track keeps poping up my zen, also some early Offspring and Foo Fighters at hyde park and Color and the shape.

pshhhhhhhh the kingdom hearts is way better (which helps me go to sleep at night when I eat late :happy: )

The Kingdom Hearts II OST was easily better than KH1, and I own both and play them all the time. And Eternal Sonata still destroys both of them. :-)

Here's a question for peops: do you like famous bands from your area/state?

My home shire produced notable modern day alternative acts The Young Knives (who are awesome) and Kasabian (who are best heard live). Also attached to Leicestershire: Showaddywaddy, Mark "Return of the Mack" Morrison, and Engelbert "Please Release Me" Humperdinck

Here's a question for peops: do you like famous bands from your area/state?

My home shire produced notable modern day alternative acts The Young Knives (who are awesome) and Kasabian (who are best heard live). Also attached to Leicestershire: Showaddywaddy, Mark "Return of the Mack" Morrison, and Engelbert "Please Release Me" Humperdinck

ehh somewhat. I love Korn( they're from Bakersfield and im only 30 miles away from there) but I LOATHE country music with a passion and Merle Haggard was frm Bakersfield and so was some other country singer but i cant remember who

The only Perth based bands I really enjoy (neither of which would be known outside Australia) are Eskimo Joe and Karnivool.

What’s Devin Townsend like to hang around? Never cared a whole lot for SYL, but I do enjoy his solo stuff.

And please, tell the story of punching Chad Kroeger. If I ever wrote a list of people I wanted to punch, Chad would rank pretty high on that list.

The only Perth based bands I really enjoy (neither of which would be known outside Australia) are Eskimo Joe and Karnivool.

What’s Devin Townsend like to hang around? Never cared a whole lot for SYL, but I do enjoy his solo stuff.

And please, tell the story of punching Chad Kroeger. If I ever wrote a list of people I wanted to punch, Chad would rank pretty high on that list.

Devin is cool and brilliant but very hard to keep up with. A mile a minute. Jed, guitar player, is the coolest. I really think, and hold on to your hats, that Devin is one of this generation's best songwriters, he just happens to write crazy metal.

Played a radio station gig in a rather large bar with a very uncooperative crowd. Not nasty but just sitting there. Chad was standing on the floor to the left of the stage. By this time they were pretty big in Vancouver but nowhere else (Leader of Man era). Two strings on one guitar busted so we stopped after the song to change strings and I, as the onstage singer, was working the crowd. Asking for response and people were starting to respond. It started to get alright but Chad and his bass player were talking like super loud about the band that was on before us so I asked him to keep it down in a polite but jabbing, joky manner. He fingered me and smirked to his buddy. They continued to talk loudly. Colin, my other guitar player (the good one) began to play the opening riff to Leader of Man and I started to sing it. I'm no great singer but I can belt a mid-range rock tune with three or four notes pretty well sometimes and he was getting pissed that we were playing his song and...believe it or not, people started coming up to the front of the stage. He was clearly livid so Colin, who knew the song, and just about every other song on earth, very well went into the bridge and I fucked up the vocal.

He clearly wonked the guitar shdrawing attention to my fuck up. We all, crowd and my band, started laughing. Colin said "you suck" to me and I said "I suck? I didn't write that piece of shit."

Chad walks up to the stage screaming at me and a girlfriend of someone in the band grabbed him from behind, trying to stop him getting up on stage and he turned and pushed her back. I wound up and decked him in the back of the head with my hand wrapped around the microphone. He landed on his face and my hand hurt like hell.

Crowd loved it. Chad walked out of the club and, as far as I know, stayed away the rest of the night. The second half of the set was enjoyed by the crowd much more after my punching a guy who was already getting the reputation of a douchebag. And that's the story of me punching Chad Kroeger in the back of the head.