Beverly Hills 90210 Series II...AHHHHH!

annericelover

Ok, I'm guessing not a lot of people on this forum liked or even tried to watch the original series, but I did and I quite enjoyed it. Many shows now a days that focus on drama and life issues(Gilmore Girls, 7th Heaven, Gossip Girls)have taken ques from this show, but was never as good(I did like 7th Heaven, but the others sucked). Here is basically the rundown on the story:

The Hollywood Reporter announced on March 13, 2008 that the CW network is developing a contemporary spinoff of Beverly Hills, 90210. According to Nellie Andreeva with The Hollywood Reporter, "Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas is in talks to pen the project, which has been put on the fast track by the network." The story also noted that original 90210 creator Darren Star is not involved with the project. Kristin Dos Santos confirmed on her "Watch with Kristin" blog at E! Online that the show is indeed a spinoff with completely new characters, and not a remake. While not officially linked to the project, Tori Spelling has publically expressed interest in possibly reprising her character of Donna Martin-Silver on the new version of the show.

Further details of the 2008 spinoff have emerged as The Hollywood Reporter announced on March 19, 2008 that the CW has begun casting even before a script has been completed. According to Nellie Andreeva with The Hollywood Reporter, the producing studio CBS Paramount Television (which absorbed original series production studio Spelling Television), is eying an April 3, 2008 production start date and the casting sides provide the following preliminary character information:

Characters

The series will focus on The Mills family. Tabitha Mills, the matriarch of the family, is a 60ish actress (and alcoholic), who was very famous during the 1970s. Her son, Harrison "Harry" Mills, a graduate of Beverly Hills High, decides to move back to 90210; accepting a position as the principal at his old high school. His wife, Celia Mills, was an Olympic athlete but is now working as a personal trainer.

The Mills have two 16 year old children:

Annie Mills- An emo/theater kid, who wants to fit in with the cool crowd.

Dixon Mills- A smart bad boy with behavioral issues. The character Dixon will likely be of a minority background, with producers looking for actors of any race/ethnicity to fill the role.

Other characters include:

Daphne "Silver" Silver- Described as a "wannabe socialite with her own Youtube series." She becomes quick friends with Annie and grows a crush on her brother Dixon.

Max Silver- Daphne's 24 year old, older brother, that manages their family's movie theater at "Century Mall." The character is said to have secrets and on the brink of a nervous breakdown.

Both Max and Daphne have the last name of "Silver," which was the surname of David Silver (played by Brian Austin Green) and Donna Martin-Silver (played by Tori Spelling) in the original series. Whether or not they're related has yet to be determined, but Rob Thomas has confirmed that there will be a connection between both shows.

An original cast member is set to reprise their role, but who that may be is currently unknown because none of the former cast members have been contacted yet. Rob Thomas also hopes to include the 50s style, Peach Pit, from the original series, in later episodes.

Three other teen characters include:

Navid Shirazi- The high school's politico and runs the daily newscast. His character is supposed to be of Middle-Eastern descent.

Ethan Ward- Described as a "likeable jock" that falls out of the popular group and befriends the 90210 crew.

Naomi Bennett- A spoiled and attractive rich kid and Ethan's ex-girlfriend; she will appear to be a brat at first but will have more layers as the show goes on.

The first few seasons were pretty good, but I don't know about this. Will calling it 90210-0002 (or whatever) really boost the ratings?

I liked it until maybe 1 or 2 Seasons after Brenda(Shannon Doherty) left(and that was for Tiffany Amber-Thiessan, who seemed to mature quickly after Saved by the Bell). The best storyline from the early years was when Dylan's father was thought to have been blown up and he started dating the daughter of the man who killed his father.

The Mills have two 16 year old children:

Annie Mills- An emo/theater kid, who wants to fit in with the cool crowd.

Dixon Mills- A smart bad boy with behavioral issues. The character Dixon will likely be of a minority background, with producers looking for actors of any race/ethnicity to fill the role.

So... only one of the kids will be a minority? What?

That being said, I will watch this show, especially if they go with the old theme song, and I won't miss an episode if Donna is on it. Hell, bring back Brian Austin Green and Ian Ziering as well.

They need to bring back the Scott Scanlon character. :angel:

I already did this, but I guess it was erased or something, not sure. Anyway, Scott Scanlon's character died. He became jealous and felt left out when David began to become popular with the 90210 group(meaning Brenda, Brandon, etc)and at his birthday party, he tried impressing David by showing David his gun skills and accidently shot himself. The end of the episode actually ended with a cliffhanger, so at the time you didn't know who was shot, but it turned out to be Scott. This incident gave his younger sister some Story time in some of the season and than they were forgotten.

What they should do is bring back the sister character as the mother of the Hills family or as a teacher and she has some mental problem from the sexual abuse she incurred in the original series by her Uncle and by the death of her brother.

• 3 months later...

I heard the main reason Shannon Doherty left the original show was because she had a huge beef with Jennie Garth. This would explain why Aaron Spelling asked her to do "Charmed". The studio hopes that Doherty and Garth can get past their troubles with one another and be professional. Jason Priestly and Luke Perry haven't done much lately and were the most ppular out of the original guys on the show. Ian Ziering, I don't see coming back, but you never know. Brian Austin Green may have guest appearances when Tori Spelling is able to return, but he's at the moment a regular on The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Tiffani Thiessen would most likely never return...

• 3 weeks later...

I remember seeing only 2 episodes of this show as a youngster. One where a kid commits suicide at the end of the episode, and one where they are all hanging out at the beach. I caught the first one to see what the show was about. I caught the second one to see the girls in bikinis.

The first episode you mention is the one where David Silver's best friend accidently shot himself. It was his birthday and he was upset with David cause he started to hang out with the 90210 kids and started to neglect him as a friend.

If I remember correctly he wore a cowboy hat and was kind of an idiot right?

The first episode you mention is the one where David Silver's best friend accidently shot himself. It was his birthday and he was upset with David cause he started to hang out with the 90210 kids and started to neglect him as a friend.

If I remember correctly he wore a cowboy hat and was kind of an idiot right?

Yeah, he was in the pilot he and David came on the show as Freshman nerds and David managed to get the attention of the core group of the series, leaving him behind. He got upset and drunk on his birthday and accidentally shot himself.

• 1 month later...
I set the DVR for Jenny, but the Cubs game went into extra innings. So the show won't air until after the game and then the news. To record it, now I have to guess when it's going to air.

That seems like kind of a lot of work. Y'know, for 90210.