The All-Purpose Flickchart thread

slothian

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

On a personal level, Wolverine is more offensive in that it takes potential and flushes it away. Catwoman, it's barely a film you have to think about in context of a wider universe, you could happily ignore it. It's a tough one.

It's Wolverine. Even though unlike Catwoman there's stuff to recommend about it (Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, might be something to that) it's like the X-men Franchises Highlander 2 or even Star Trek Nemesis, a film that was made by people who never saw the previous ones and decided to throw in a whole bunch of other shit to put their stamp on it irrespective of how it fit in the wider universe. And the effects were fucking awful. I mean, I expected the effects in Catwoman to be bad but how can a film look so much worse than other films in the same franchise made much earlier?

edit- to clarify, I mean Wolverine is worse ie Catwoman gets the nod.

Edited by Stavros

Toy Story. Outside of being good, it also redefined the animated motion picture.

To play devil's advocate, is The Matrix not also good and did it not redefine Sci Fi movies?

Eh, it added some techniques to action cinema but it hardly redefined sci-fi. It just took existing elements and combined them. Toy Story has innovated the path of animated features into a multi-billion dollar industry. I can't think of many films that got made because the matrix exists. It's not like it's Terminator or 2001 a Space odyssey.

Edited by Stavros