The Defenders

Molly

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished last night. This is by far and away the darkest, most adult comic (big 2) related media property I've ever seen. I was talking to my brother last night and trying to figure out which is stronger in that department. We were throwing in things like the HBO Spawn series and Watchmen. This feels darker than both.

But it's not for nothing. The storytelling and writing were both better than I ever anticipated. Not that my expectations were low, but JJ is a character I have way less attatchment to than Daredevil. Still, this is honestly better than DD was, which is saying quite a bit.

How so? I think she's fairly ballsy.

Episode 8 spoiler

I lost my shit when he said "Gimme a red", I was not expecting Nuke in this series. Hope he comes back in a follow up. It was just great how they took this incidental character and built him up to reveal who he was comics-wise, I just never saw it coming.

Edited by Stavros

I love it. But not everyone does, it seems

I have a friend who is the biggest fan of the original comic, and he does not like the show. He thinks Jessica is too submissive.

It's been a long while since I read through the comic, but I do remember taking a bit of time getting adjusted to Krysten Ritter's version of JJ. I remember the character from the comics being more cynical, miserable and generally unpleasant. Still works for me for this MCU universe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm still making my way through Jessica Jones, and episode four ("AKA 99 Friends") was horrible. Nothing in that one made sense, it didn't move the plot forward, and Jessica's tantrum was so poorly shot. :no:

That show wouldn't be a bad thing to review solo on The Show, considering that a certain comic book film reviewer has thus far pussyfooted around it.

Yeah much of the promotion for season 2 really hasn't shown...anything. Is D'onofrio in this season? He doesn't need to be but I would assume we'd see him at some point.

Mostly it's been snippets of scenes and images of people, there's not really been a trailer that wasn't majorly consisting of clips from season one. That's a been disturbing...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've never seen Colter in anything, but Ritter should be wonderful as always.

Goddamn I wish Cage was Michael Jai White. Then you could have Scott Adkins as Iron Fist and everything in the world would be okay again.

Ok, I said this a long time ago, even longer ago on Twitter. Now this: http://screenrant.com/doctor-strange-scott-adkins/

If he's Danny Rand, I'll fucking plotz.

• 2 weeks later...